7

7

The day was dark and gloomy. The dew was set out upon the ground like leaves on a tree. The rain poured down and hit the ground in little sounds of silence.

Splash. Splash. Splash.

People gathered iside the church where my funeral was being held. I thought about leaving but I did want to attend my own funeral. So people talked and then they buried me. It was uneventful because that was how I was. Once I looked around I thought for a little bit. In the back of my mind I could hear someone saying something. I looked around as no one was saying anyhting. The voice spoke again. I could tell who it was now.

It was my mother.

“Please Anthony send me a sign that you are okay.” She spoke, her eyes welling up.

“Send me a rainbow, Anthony. Send me a rainbow.” She said softly.

The people outside looked around and the reporters swarmed.

“How do you feel about Anthonys death?” the reporter asked the kid who sat next to me in math.

“I’m deeply sad Anthony and I were great friends, he will be greatly missed by the whole school.” The kid said lying through his teeth. As I walked around I realized that apparently I was everyone’s friend.

I thought that it was cool at first. I then realized that they had lied so they would become popular in society. I looked around for the girl that stared and she was no where to be found. I went to go see her and she was crying. I bent over and whispered in her ear

“The signs are there, sometimes you just have to look.” She immedietly touched her ear as if something had just breathed on it. She turned to me and looked straight into my theoretical eye.she then ran to the window and pulled open the blinds. Outside was a rainbow and the rain was gone.

It was 12:47 on a Friday and in the back of my mind I could hear mother crying thank you. I have realized something that could have been an honest truth. a hand reaches down and pulls me up into a heavenly area and tells me I must rest. I think that there is no hell. Well there is but it is not the way imagine it. I believe that hell is when people say false things and you can do nothing about it. Pain is hell. Your mind is Satan.