11 - Hate & Surprises

JH gets up, moving my head which wakes me up. I look up to see him beginning to make breakfast. I check the time seeing that it's 8am.

"Sorry to wake you up RL," he says.

"It's fine JH," I say with a sleepy smile. I get up and walk over to him.

"Don't forget to call your brother," he reminds me.

"Oh right," I say grabbing my phone. I dial my brother's number and he answers almost right away.

"Hey baby sis. What's up?"

"I was wondering if I could stay with you and Amy for a while."

"Of course. Did you and Chase breakup?"

"Yeah, I actually broke up with him. He was too overprotective and overbearing so I couldn't do it."

"Where are you now?"

"I'm staying with John Hunter, I'm gonna fly home with him."

"Okay, that sounds good. Do you want me to tell Chase to drop your stuff at my house or do you want me to get your stuff?"

"Do whatever I don't care."

"I'll get your stuff to make sure all of it makes it back."

"Alright, well I'll see you when I get home. I love you bub."

"Love you too. I'll see you."

I hang up and turn to JH who is currently making scrambled eggs.

"Can I help with anything?" I ask.

"No, just chill. I'm making breakfast for us," he replies.

"Okay," I say sitting on the couch. "I'm turning on Gilmore Girls."

"No, I don't want to miss anything," he pouts.

"Too late," I say starting a new episode. I get half way through the episode before he hands me my food. He made us eggs, bacon and chocolate chip waffles. "Thank you JH."

"Of course RL," he grins, sitting next to me.

"When's the flight?" I ask with my mouth full of eggs.

"A little after noon. We've got to leave at 10 so that we'll have plenty of time to get to the gate," he replies.

"Sounds good," I say eating my bacon.

Once we finish up he goes to get packed and ready, leaving me on the couch. I decide to pull out my phone and do a quick look through my Insta. I take a look at all the comments from my latest post which I do every so often.

@genevievelowe: she's such a slut

@chaseelliottfan: chase deserved better than her

@nascargirl12: i hear she's with john hunter nemechek now, i wonder what he sees in her...

@nascarfangirl: she doesn't deserve to carry the earnhardt name

@nascargirlie: i cant stand her, she thinks shes all that because of her last name

@allie_loves_racing: ig she thinks she has to be apart of nascar somehow, since she can't drive she's decided to be the hoe of nascar

As I continue looking through the comments it becomes harder and harder to see them as tears blur my vision. I hadn't even noticed that he had sat down next to me.

"Lacey. Lacey look at me," he says putting his finger under my chin and lifting my head to look at him. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing it's nothing," I say looking down but he lifts my head back up.