Four

A.N. Light smut! Not real descriptive (that's purposeful) but you're welcome. Also, I want to point out that any major relationship milestone that Kayla passes with one of them first is not her necessarily choosing that person. I promise you, you'll know when Kayla is finally choosing. It will be glaringly obvious.

"You loved what you loved because you loved it."

It's been weeks. Weeks of Kayla falling deeper and deeper into this mess she somehow forced herself into.

Weeks of getting to know Christen. Weeks of getting to know Kelley. Weeks of getting to know Abigail, for that matter.

Weeks of being sucked into a cycle of never-ending uncertainty.

And sure she knew plenty about them at this point. The little stuff, the medium stuff, but maybe not the big stuff.

If you had asked Kayla if she had wanted to be in a serious relationship, mated to an alpha for the foreseeable future, she would have told you 'No. Absolutely not. I'm not ready.' But now, that's changed. And she's not exactly sure why.

In addition to suddenly wanting to be someone's omega, her heats had magically increased, in frequency and intensity. They were somehow mowing their way through her normal dosage of suppressants.

It was why she currently found herself in the waiting room of her doctor's office.

Though, as she waited to be called back by the nurse, that was not the pertinent thought weighing down on her. Instead, it was 'Did Kelley or Christen want a serious relationship with her as well? Did they want her to be their mate?'

The million-dollar question.

She had no real way of knowing. It definitely seemed like it on both their parts, but outright asking was out of the question.

Kelley has a daughter, a daughter who will inevitably one day realize that Kayla looks nothing like her. She'll long for the care of her biological mother, and then Kelley will leave her so their family is complete.

A logical conclusion.

Christen has an ex, an ex that, granted, Kayla isn't supposed to know about (Crystal is very talkative when drunk), but an ex nonetheless. It's only fair that Christen realizes that she has unfinished business with said ex while Kayla is pregnant with their pups, and leaves her for the ex.

Another logical conclusion.

And where does all of that leave Kayla?

The nurse calling her name lightly soothed her out of her musing, saving her from answering her own question with even more ugly scenarios.

"Kayla Madison? You can go on back." The nurse, an omega herself, smiled reassuringly as she gestured for Kayla to follow her.

She leads her to an examination room after weighing her in the hallway. After a few preliminary questions that Kayla had to answer every time she visited, the nurse left her to wait for her doctor.

Seven minutes later there's a knock on the door and a creaking of the hinges.

Dr. Ramona Davis, another omega woman, smiled softly as she flipped through Kayla's mildly thin file.

Despite Kayla being a patient at this particular practice since she started having her heats, she had never really had any serious isssues.

It wasn't uncommon for an Omega Specialist to be an alpha, but they probably saw way less patients. It made more sense for an omega to be seeing a doctor who would understand what they were going through on a medical and a personal level.