Chapter 9

Chapter 9

          Kyle and I planned to tell everyone about our engagement tonight at the Halloween party. Tina and Tyler and everyone else we knew was going to be there. Tina was going to be so happy for me. She is like a sister to me. She put real meaning into the phrase "brother from another mother" only she was a girl so then it would be sister from another mother. We also planned to tell select people, such as Tyler and Tina, about my pregnancy. Kyle had told me, countless times, how happy he was that I was having his baby. We hadn't decided on a name for the baby yet but if it was a girl I wanted it to be Katrina and if it was a boy I wanted it to be Kyle Jr.

          The party was huge there were black and orange decorations everywhere and everyone was having fun. Kyle and I got up onto a stage we had set up to make our big announcement.

"People people Kira and I have an announcement to make."

          Kyle said as he got everyone's attention.

"I have asked Kira to marry me and she has said yes."

          Tyler's expression went blank.

"I have another announcement."

          I said as I watched Tina's smile grow.

"I'm pregnant!"

          I screamed and all the girls I knew jumped up and down happily. Kyle, right then, in front of everyone, kissed me full on the lips. I loved him so much. I knew then he was going to be a great husband and father.