Chapter Fifteen

Steffi POV

I start to feel my lungs fill with water as I try swimming upward. Damn it, I give up. I don't remember how the hell to swim, it's not like I can learn it right now. I can't believe Matt, he knew , he knew I couldn't swim and about my mom. He knows why I'm horrified of water.

I stay, giving up and not moving at all, not fighting against the water's force causing me to sink deeper towards the bottom of the pool. I feel the water fill my lungs even more an more. I start to feel my eye lids get heavy, soon enough I close my eyes completely.

I hear a splash in the water, someone tugs at my arm and starts pulling me up. I feel long hair tickle the side of my neck as the person swims, but I can't move, feeling like I might pass out any moment now. I have too much water in my lungs. As we surface I try breathing in, but my lungs start to burn. I'm guessing 'she' lays me on the cold ground and starts to performs CPR on me.

I finally start to cough, water coming out of my mouth as I try sitting up. I open my eyes and connect with a blue set of eyes, from the girl who saved me. I take deep breathes for a moment feeling like I just ran fifty hundred miles and nearly died along the way. She smiles, letting out a sighs as she does so.

"Whoo! I thought I was gonna lose you girl!" She tries to help me up, but I stay here in complete shock, shaking. She notices my devastation and carefully helps me sit up carefully and slowly.

I can't believe Matt.

He is still a jack ass like when we we're in high school. He hasn't changed, at all. I shake my head repeatedly for a moment realizing I literally could've just died if it wasn't for this girl. I feel myself start to cry, letting the tears slowly fall down my cheeks. I hold myself as I feel my shoulders tremble as I shake, crying my eyes out, thinking that I nearly just died almost the same way my mom did. She was dragged under by that damned great white, her lungs filled with water before the shark literally just killed her. Only difference was no shark here. Thank god

How many times now have I cried in the past two days? Jesus Christ

I pay no attention to everyone as they surround in a circle between me and the girl.

She smiles and helps me up to my feet. I fall back feeling dizzy from standing so fast and Cameron catches me.
He looks into my eyes, worry filled in his while tears gather again in mine. All the boys knew, yet none on them went after me, a stranger I don't even know did. How could they say they've changed when they didn't even try getting me out of a god damn pool? The girls were in the bathroom when it happened, so they weren't here. Only them..

I stand upright and shrug Cameron off me. I quickly thank the girl and grab my stuff off the pool chair. I quickly run up to the elevator, quickly going up to the top floor. My eyes widen as I hear the girls running after me, along with the boys coming from the stairs. I bolt for the apartment and quickly get in.

I slam the door shut behind me and run towards my room. I turn around and lock my door quickly. I turn around shaking my head and jump on my bed, still wet. I let out my tears and cry and cry into my poor soaked pillow.

I hear everyone banging on my door, including the girl who had saved me. I close my eyes sigh, slowly getting up in the process. I walk to my now packed up closet since we are gonna be here for 2 weeks because of Christmas. It's in 5 Days and we're suppose to be spending it here, in New York. Along with my bullies. Joy.

I grab a warm winter outfit, laying it out on my bed before I quickly go get into my shower. I finally don't hear the screams anymore. I let out a sigh of relief and feel in the mood to sing. A Whitney Houston song comes to mind as I grab the soap, "Share my life, take me for what I am." I sing hitting the soft note perfectly.