Journey

I run through the fields of Kansas at super speed with no idea of where I am going. I ask Kelex to educate me on the states that I am traveling through. I stop every once and a while to take a breather.

"Kelex, where am I?" I ask.

"You are in a state called Michigan."

I walk around the town. I accidentally bump into a person walking past me, causing him to spill his drink.

"Hey watch it!" The guy yells in a rude manner.

"Geez, sorry!"

"What an idiot!" The guy mutters under his breath as he walks away.

"What is his problem?" I wonder to myself.

Suddenly I hear someone screaming and loud banging sounds.

"What is that sound?" I ask Kelex.

"Gunshots firing," it says.

I sprint in the direction of the gunshots. I reach a store called 7-11. I enter the store and see a woman lying dead on the floor. Blood is spilling out of her head. I clench my fists and look around to see if the killer is still near. I hear a car engine starting to run. I run outside and see a man driving off in a car. I get in front of the car and it tries to run me over. I close my eyes in fear. I feel something but it feels like a tickle. I hear a screech and a loud sound going off. I open my eyes and see the car destroyed and rammed against me. However, I feel nothing. The man in the car gets out of the car.

"How dare you kill that woman?! You are one of the worst human beings that I have ever met!" I yell in anger.

He pulls out a small gun of some sort and clicks it.

"Take your best shot!"

"Have you never seen a gun before?!"

"Well, you see-"

The man cocks his pistol and begins firing. I feel nothing. The bullets bounce off my skin like it's nothing. A look of confusion and fear appear on the gunman's face. He stops firing and looks at his gun and then back at me.

"What the hell?!" He yells in confusion.

"Was that supposed to hurt me?" I ask.

I grab his pistol and pull him by his collar.

"People like you don't deserve to live!"

I throw him into the air and he flies through a wall.

"Ouch! That is going to hurt!" I exclaim.

I run over to him and check his body. I don't hear breathing. I hear police sirens and begin running again. I run across a body of water and reach a huge city crowded by people. I run into an alleyway to communicate with Kelex.

"Okay Kelex, where am I now?" I ask.

"You are in New York City, one of the largest cities in the world."

I hear something click right next to me. I glance to my left and see a man in an alleyway, holding a gun.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"Come here!

I enter the alleyway. I stand against the wall.

"Just give me your money and I will leave you alone!" He yells.

"Umm, I don't know about you but I don't have any money."

"Don't bulls**** me! Now give me your f***ing money before I blow your head off."

"Wow, you must really care a lot about this money. However, I don't respond well to threats!"

I grab the man and throw him against a wall and punch him in the face. I hear his neck snap. I listen for his heartbeat but receive anything.

"Oh well. He he deserved it."

I dig through my bag and find the clothes that Martha Kent gave me. With super speed, I try them on and walk around. I look around and see beautiful sights such as fountains of lights and huge tall buildings. Suddenly I hear a voice screaming. I run in the direction of the screaming and come upon a building on fire.

"Please! Someone! Anyone! Save my baby!" A woman cries out.

I run into the building at super speed. Suddenly a piece of the rooftop collapses onto me but I don't feel anything. I use my enhanced vision to look through the flames.

"Where are you?" I ask myself.

I hear crying. It's a little girl and it's coming from a closet. I spot the closet and try to open the door but it's locked. I grab the door by its edges and rip it off with my bare hands. I grab the little girl and speed out of the building before it collapses. I quickly give the little girl to her mommy and run off before anyone can see me. I run into an alley to catch my breath.

"That felt... good. I hope no one saw me."