FIVE.

chapter five

chapter five

what can a man say about new york? it's huge. it's definitely extremely huge, wide and sometimes wild as well. all these people living their dreams, when in fact they are all the same, held by a shadow of work and responsibilities. all of them were a part of a society with no imagination. it's all about accomplishments.

and what did eleven accomplish? "I was fighting monsters in my childhood," she smirked.

as a literature student, she did not have a lot of work except for finishing her assignments, essays, and well, reading. el had always been passionate about reading. she loved draining into the characters she had never met and experiencing what she had never felt.

Eleven arrived at the hotel, wearing a grey coat, with hair tied up in a short ponytail. she entered the tall building and searched for a specific room. she looked quite confused. her soft hands were lightly shaking. she took a deep breath and knocked on the hotel room door.

Michael Wheeler had been in his room for a few hours, reading local newspapers and blankly staring out of his window. hearing a door knock, he assumed it was the cleaning lady or a receptionist. he opened the door unwillingly and opened his mouth, willing to say: "how can I help you?" when he saw her.

her hazel eyes were staring at him with curiosity and hesitance. the boy did not have a clue what to say. long speeches were irrelevant, but he also could not just greet her with a simple, neutral "hey!", this was all too complicated.

"um, you said we should meet," eleven finally spoke. mike smiled with doubt.

"indeed. either way, I suggest you shouldn't come in here, it's too messy. would you like to go for a walk?" he kindly asked.

eleven nodded.

they left outside. the orange rays of sunshine tickled eleven's cheeks, as they started walking. her fingertips were gently touching mike's hands, even though she was doing that subconsciously. the boy smirked quietly and stroked her hand.

"What a pity. I've missed years of this"

"oh, really?" he asked chivalrously. eleven decided to grab his whole hand. it was boney, vainly, and his fingers were long as always. she immediately felt the same as she did a few years ago.

"your hands are still soft," mike noticed with astonishment. "it's like they haven't changed since you were a baby." el nodded.

and anything hadn't been explained, yet they both looked like a couple from a coming of age movies: reunited again. and they certainly wished it was that simple.

they reached their destination: one of eleven's favorite places in new york. it was a grassy hill situated near the central park. she felt very calm every time she went there to occasionally read or write. she sat there and patted the ground to encourage mike to do the same. he was quite surprised that eleven had chosen that place, but when he sat down, he understood - the view was breathtaking. all the skyscrapers, all those people - you could see everything from there.

"wow," he mumbled.

eleven remained silent for a while. "mike, let's make a deal,"

"a deal?" mike raised his eyebrows. "what deal?"

"let's meet every day for the next week." she settled. "then we can make a decision, whether us is a good idea" she ended, emphasizing the pronoun.

mike frowned as he wondered. he felt truly joyful inside, the thought of eleven hopper being by his side again made him rapturous but was he able to make her believe that he's worth her trust and interest?

eleven observed mike's questioning and smiled gently. but before she was even able to say anything, he spoke first.

"that is a good deal."

they shook hands and stared into the eyes of each other, before leaning back to admiring the calming view.

"Oh dear Lord!" Max's excitement was above Eleven's expectations. "You two are going to be SO happy!" she articulated.

Eleven nodded slowly, as Lucas entered the room. I hope so.

"what? Mike Wheeler is in NY? how could you not tell me?" he complained badly. the girls exchanged looks. Lucas rolled his eyes and put his arm around Max. "at least I have no reasons to be jealous," he blinked, causing his redhead girlfriend to shake her head with annoyance.

"relax, I'm just teasing."

and their small room was filled with laughter.

a/n: hi, again, it's been exactly two whole months since i updated. now that i am stuck in quarantine i hope the chapters will appear faster. i hope you enjoyed this short update

word count: 800