Chapter 6 - Creepy

Kenzo's POV

That evening I set up the camera on the opposite side of the fence in Margo's parent's backyard.

If I could get something on tape I might understand better what I was dealing with. I paired it with my laptop, set it to record, and left the laptop in the bedroom while I got ready for dinner.

While sitting on the back deck after dinner I eagerly read through the stories of his ancestors. The only interruption was the sound of a stick being drug across the fence and the pop of the fence latch coupled with the Margo's father voice repeating "Right on time," as the sun set behind the mountain. I had forgotten about my camera at this point.

That night I excitedly discussed with Margo what I had discovered during the afternoon.

"You should interview the neighbors. Most of them are older and are retired so they'll be home." saad ni Margo.

"Sa tingin ko bukas ko na lang yan gagawin," I said excitedly. The idea of having discovered a legitimate cryptozoology find that I could present to the community raced through my mind like a blazing wildfire.

"Only if you take me to a fancy breakfast in the morning," Margo said with a devilish smile. "Mother and I are going to go pick wild berries tomorrow evening to make pie. It's her specialty and I think you'll like it." nakangiting sabi niya.

"Deal." I went to shut off the lights and realized my camera was still recording through my laptop. "Margo, let's see if my camera caught what popped open your back gate!" excited na sabi ko.

Margo slid across the bed as I swiped my fingers across the track pad to remove the screen saver. The camera screen popped up and the camera looked like it was facing up at a window on a house rather than down the fencerow.

"That's our bedroom window," Margo said quietly. I stood up and walked over to the window. I could see the power light on my camera looking back at me. Something had moved it. No one had touched it since I set it up that I could recall.

I hopped back onto my laptop and rewind the captured footage. At 5:57pm the camera started to wiggle and then it violently drops at an awkward angle to the ground just as the fence is starting to be scraped. We watched and listened as the gate latched unlocked and the gate swung open. What ever did it was just off camera.

"Did you hear that?" I asked intensely.

"What?" Margo replied.

I bumped the audio level up and skipped back on the video. In a hissing tone the words "No. See. Yet." sounded. It was quiet but clear.

"What was that?" Margo asked with a quiet shocked tone.

I fast-forwarded through the footage until I saw the camera start to move.

From there and unseen figure picked up the camera and put it on the post where it was now facing our bedroom window. Our bedroom light came on and in the background of the footage you could hear a faint giggle like a small child would make.

"Kenzo, that's creeping me out." Margo reached across my lap and shut my laptop.

"Turn out the light, we're going to bed." She rolled over into bed and pulled the covers over her body. I shut the light off and followed.
_____________________________________________

A/N:
Creepy, isn't it?

Follow me po
Vote and Comment your thoughts

ramz_15