Chapter 1 - Interested

Kenzo's POV

Christmas party. There I met Margo.

She was this beautiful brown haired woman about my age. I knew I needed to meet this woman. I wasn’t a scrawny nerd from high school anymore.

I was in shape, and not too bad looking (atleast inamin ko). I used a corny pickup line to introduce myself, she had a cornier comeback, we laughed, talked the entire party, exchanged numbers and the rest is history.

A few months after, we started dating. I had never fallen so hard for someone.

We shared a lot of common interests but had a lot of differences. I liked the outdoors and she preferred to stay in. I was a busy buddy and she was more relaxed. We both liked wine and a good book. She is a secret published writer who wrote these amazing stories about make-believe creatures.

I read several of her short stories and one of her books which all seemed to be centered on forest fairies and children.

“Margo,” I said closing her latest published book as I was sprawled out on the couch one evening. “Nasabi ko na bang napakagaling mong writer?” manghang tanong ko sa kanya.

Margo was in the kitchen making her famous chicken adobo. “Yes, but you can tell me again if you like,” she playfully responded.

“Pwede bang magtanong?"

"Oo naman" tugon niya.

"Where do you get your inspiration for these stories?” tanong ko ulit.

She walked out of the kitchen wiping her hands on a dishcloth. “I get them from the stories my grandmother told me when I visited her when I was young.”

I sat up on the couch and she gracefully took a seat next to me. “Tell me more, please,” I asked with a pleasing tone. She giggled then cleared her throat.

“When I was young,” Margo began with a look of remembrance on her face, “We would visit my grandmother every summer. She lived in a town called Bagong Bayan. There weren’t many people there. It was a beautiful town shadowed by green mountains. There was a great big pine forest that lay between the town and the closest mountain. It was probably a few hundred acres or so. Sa paa ng bundok makikita ang mala-kristal na sapa na puno ng isda." she paused.

"All the kids in town would play in the forest, lake, and river but were strictly  forbidden from staying out past sundown. This was enforced harshly by the towns people including my grandmother.” pagpapatuloy niya.

“Go on,” I urged her with a smile.

“So, my grandmother would tell me about the fairy in the forest and how they liked to play tricks on people. Kapag di ko daw sila susundin ay kukunin daw ako ng diwata. Those stories always freaked me out. My parents didn’t like her telling me those stories but they agreed that I should listen to my grandmother and be inside before dark. The stories didn’t bother me too much until one of the young boys I played with each summer went missing in the woods. He ran away one night into the forest after a fight with his father. They never found him and the town’s people didn’t bother looking for him till after sunrise. I just can’t believe the people wouldn’t go looking for a boy in the forest until it was sun up unless they all truly believed in the fairies. The fairies in my books are mischievous but much nicer than the ones in my grandmother’s stories. They never take people away.” mahabang saad niya.

Margo’s face was now a half smile. "Interasado ka yata masiyado?”

“What do you mean?” I looked at her slightly confused.

“You know… Imaginary creatures that live in the woods.” She looked at me with a smartass grin.

“Well, I’ve heard and read up many fairy stories. However, I’ve never heard of a town afraid of fairy. It would be interesting to investigate something like that.”

Margo smiled a mischievous smile that stretched from ear to ear.

“Good. My parents want to meet you and I want you to meet them. My grandmother passed away when I was young and my parents inherited the house. They retired there a few years ago. You can come with me this summer when I visit them and solve the town’s fairy problem.”

By this point she was standing over me, giving me the puppy eyes to agree.
_____________________________________________

A/N:
Continue reading, okay? The book cover was made by me😉.

Follow me po
Vote and Comment your thoughts

ramz_15