April 2028

Ted was frantically searching his bedroom for his keys, as they were well past time to be getting on the road to Farhampton. He still felt nervous about going there, as he had not been back since just before Tracy had died. He would never step foot in the inn again, so he and his friends had rented a large vacation home instead. "Penny, Luke, have you seen my keys?"

"No, Dad, hurry up and find them. We're missing the fun!" Luke yelled up the stairs.

Ted then noticed his keys sticking out of the pocket of the jeans he had worn yesterday, grabbed them and ushered his kids to the car. "Next stop, Farhampton!"

                          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Almost three hours later, Ted pulled into the driveway of the vacation home. The beachfront, 6 bedroom home was huge and awe inspiring. Ted got the bags out of the back of the car and hurried his kids inside so they could begin their vacation. "We're here!"

The other kids came running into the room followed by their parents. "What took you so long?" Lily asked.

"Lost my keys."

"Let me guess. They were in your pants pocket from yesterday, right?" smirked Robin as she hugged Penny and Luke.

"How did you know?"

"Ted, since I've known you, every time you've lost your keys, they've been in the pocket of your previous days pants. Every single time"

Marshall chimed in "Yeah, even when we were in college, that's where they would be. It was especially hard to find them after we had eaten a couple sandwiches."

"Why would sandwiches make it difficult to find something, Dad?" asked 16-year-old Marvin.

Marshall panicked and looked to Lily for help. "Well, your father, Uncle Ted and I used to eat these really big sandwiches, and afterwards, we'd be really tired… because we were so full." She hurriedly said. The adults all looked at each other with various looks of relief as the kids dropped the subject.

                          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Lily, Marshall, and Ted were all turning 50 that year, so they had decided to celebrate together while on their vacation. They got a large cake and were enjoyed themselves immensely. After the kids were in bed and they were all enjoying a drink, there was a knock at the door. Barney ran to the door, could be heard quietly talking to someone, and then rushed back into the room. "Everyone, I've been waiting to do this, but I couldn't wait anymore. I've got an announcement to make. I'm getting married." The only sound in the room was the shattering of Lily's glass as she had dropped it in her shock. "I know this is shocking news to you, but I've been with her now for over a year. I thought, since we are all together this weekend, it would be the perfect time to tell you."

The group's looks of shock then extended to Robin, as she sipped at her scotch.

"What? Barney already told me."

"I told Robin first, because I didn't want it to be weird. So guys, don't make it weird!"

Ted spoke first. "Barney, this is great. I never thought you would settle down again. Has she met Ellie?"

"Met her, loves her. She also has a kid, his name is Ben. Do you guys want to meet her? She's right outside. That was the knocking a few minutes ago."

"We figured that much out, Barney," said Lily. "Go get her."

Barney went out to the door, and came back with a very familiar face.

"QUINN?"

A/N Yes, Barney and Quinn are back together. And in my universe, they are gonna make it. I am setting things up to be able to write a companion piece to this story about Barney, If I have the time and inclination to do so. As for Robin and Ted, this is just the beginning twinges of what we see in the finale. It will ramp up a bit in the next chapter, and the chapter after that is when things will explode.