Life After Death

5 YEARS LATER    

"I can't believe we've finally graduated!" Alex shouted beside me.

"I know," I laughed. "No more med school for us."

Just then my phone rang.

"Who is it?" Alex quizzed blowing kisses.

"Not who you think," I rolled my eyes before picking up the phone.

"Hey dad," it was my dad, otherwise known as Charles, he was just checking up on me to make sure me and Alex were fine since we hadn't returned home yet. "No dad we're fine, we'll be there in a bit. Love you, bye."

"Shall we go madam?" Alex dramatized.

He held the door of his car open like a Chauffeur as I got in. Ever since the incident five years ago I had moved in with Charles, and it was the best decision I had made, he never let me feel as if I didn't have a mother. I mean he did have his flaws like being a bad cook, sleeping in on work days and spending money like a teenager but they're all the things that made him, him too and I would never change them for the world.

We were nearly there but I changed the route by leaning over and indicating right.

"What are you doing?" Alex exclaimed turning a sharp right, as he tried not to hold up the traffic behind him.

"There's one last place I need to go," I gulped, trying not to get emotional.

I hadn't been to visit my parents grave, I didn't have the courage to, every time I had set my mind to it I'd backed out last minute. However, since morning I had emotionally prepared myself to do this and this was it.

Alex parked up outside the graveyard. Trembling, I got out of the car and walked past millions of graves, Alex accompanied me for moral support. When I finally reached their graves I placed the flowers I had received from a professor as a graduation present on my moms grave and removed some of the flowers from the bouquet and placed them on my dad's grave. Then I made prayer, but not the ordinary prayer, a prayer to me was me talking to my parents in my mind I pictured their faces and spoke to them telling them I had graduated from medical school like they'd wanted me to and that I wished they were resting in peace for ever and always. I wiped away any tears that had come to my eyes and left to go home. They were responsible for all my successes and I could never forget them, they may not have been my biological parents, but they were my parents and I was their daughter.

I still couldn't get over everything that had happened, I'd still have nightmares about it sometimes. I was still in disbelief over the fact that Celia, my own friend had betrayed me, that she'd killed my parents and had attempted to kill Gerald, her own father, too.      

"Is Damon gonna be there?" Alex teased trying to lighten up the mood.

"Why should I care?" I rolled my eyes, trying to suppress myself from smiling and giving away how much I had actually wanted him to be there.

Me and Damon had been on good terms recently and Alex was trying to do everything he could do to hook us up. Little did he know the chemistry had already begun. Then there was Sheila on the other hand, who'd kept siding with Damon too, promoting him to me like Barry Scott advertised Cillit Bang.

Finally, once we'd reached home, dad blindfolded both me and Alex before leading us inside. 

"SURPRISE!" Everyone choired.

Dad removed the blind folds from our eyes. So, this was the surprise I thought to myself excited and happy to see Travis, Sheila, Mia and Damon in front of me.

"Guys!" Me and Alex screamed in delight.

We couldn't believe our eyes, we greeted everyone as dad and Alex's mom set out the table.

"How was Brazil?" I asked Sheila.

"Brilliant," she squealed. "I am so happy for you. At least now I know if something happens to me I can rely on you guys. How have you been?"

She signaled at Damon.

"Good." He replied.

"Anything you'd like to share," she teased.

Just then Alex's mom cleared her throat reminding Sheila she was sitting at a dinner table. Sheila shut up. Catching up with everyone was great, we weren't just friends, we were like one big happy family. A family that had been to hell and back together.

Travis had been employed by Stark law firm, he was the IT technician, he'd also work on the law side fighting for the black minority in the US who had been stripped of their rights due to the color of their skin. He also used to be in that position which is why he'd ended up working for the PSS, he'd been refused entry to many universities and jobs due to his race and he wanted to ensure nobody else had to go through what he went through.

Mia was still working as the secretory for Damon's dad.

Sheila had gone to travel the world like she said she would, but she still hadn't had any children like she said she would 'in every continent'.

And Damon, well let's just say he'd had an early retirement, which knowing him he was probably going to spend driving me mad.