My Possessed Angel

I never thought I'd see my angel try to kill me....

It was late; I'd say about midnight. The night was darker than a black hole. I was in a barn. Don't ask me why; I don't know why. But I was. The barn was empty of animals, but had all the hay and tables and tools in the world. The only light was that of the moon light leaking in through the cracks. I was alone-or so I thought. I walked into a room and there was my darling angel, limp and lifeless; tied to a stake. I ran over to untie her, but a figure stepped out of the shadows, blocking my way. The figure was silent. The atmosphere around it was full of hate. It was waiting for me. Waiting for me to see what they did to my girl. And it's.all.my.fault. How did they get to her? I should have been there to protect her. And then I notice a box a little ways off. And I know what's inside. Letters. Letters she had written to me, and I to her. They intercepted our conversations, learning where she lived, and just what they had to do to get her to break. The figure has disappeared. I quickly set her free. She looks up at me, and after a moment...she lunges for me. My arm gets slashed. For it takes me awhile to gain my wits. We dance around the room, her stabbing and slicing, me dodging her attempts to wound me and sometimes getting hit when I'm not fast enough. Any normal person would fight back, not play this "Life or death, you choose" game. They'd start attacking their attacker, they'd want to live. But that I cannot do. I cannot live without my angel, and I will not hurt her. I will not fight back. I catch a glimpse of her eyes and I see. Her eyes are completely white. My sweet angel's soul has been violated. She's possessed. This is not my angel. This is an enemy. Yet not an enemy of mine, but of my angel's. I know that now. To hurt me means to kill my sweetheart. She knocks me down, I've been too distracted in my own thoughts. Most of her hits touch me. I push her, and now I'm on top of her, holding her down, keeping my hands on her wrists. She struggles but does not break free. My angel must still be in there, fighting for me. What to do what to do what to do?....