Chapter 4: A Flicker of Blue Flame

*This chapter has been edited to be longer and I've fixed spelling mistakes and grammatical errors, if you find any more please tell me.*

3rd Pov:

"What are you doing?" Yukio questions.

"See how long it will take for me- a sociopathic demon, son of Satan to either A. get too bored of my one and only 'friend' Wall here or B. have this school drive me insane and I start ripping my own hair out." Rin states bluntly.

Yukio doesn't know how to respond.

"Maybe if the Vatican and school notices I'll get shipped off to some demon asylum, have a grand-o time playing with the nurses sanity- or maybe I'll be executed... yeah that sounds more likely." Rin continued the short story to his confused and concerned younger brother.

"Mhm... get ready for bed. We um- just go to sleep." Yukio rambled and quickly turns away, going over to his side of the room.

~Time skip to the middle of the night brought to you by my fingers once again freezing and becoming stiff~

Rin's Pov:

I've spent most of the night staring at the blank ceiling and thinking- and don't get me wrong I've had my own fair share of sleeping problems but I do like sleeping, a would prefer sleeping over my never ending and suffering life any day. Though I usually I wouldn't be bothered by a sleepless night but I can just feel that somethings going to happen- not something necessarily bad but nothing good if it's keeping me up.

'Whatever it is I just know it'll make my life a lot more tiring.' While my thoughts drag on for several more mutinies I continue to stare at the ceiling get lost in my thoughts.

I'm lying flat on my back, my ankles are crossed over each other and my hands are intertwined together, sitting on my chest. I'm conformable. The blanket has long sense been kicked to the bottom of the bed, it's not that cold in the room. I know the air conditioner and heater don't work in this building so it must be a somewhat comfortable temperature outside. 

*Bam*

And there it is.

It came from down stairs.

This is whats been keeping me up all night long.

The crash wasn't loud, but it did make a sound loud enough for me to hear it. There was definitely a sound, it was faint but it was there. I know it. I'm not making it up. It happened. I look over to Yukio and he's still asleep, which doesn't surprises me. He may be a very light sleeper but I've got stupidly enhanced senses since I opened Kurikara. 

I reach under my pillow and pull out a small, sharp, blue dagger that Yukio doesn't know I have. I could grab my sword, but it would take to long. I need to quickly get down stairs. I also can't use Kurikara without my flames immediately flaring up and I don't know how to keep them down or to even use them.

'That being said- learning to use my flames and draw Kurikara without my flames immediately coming out is my next project but first lets take care of whatever's happening down stairs.' I swiftly get out of bed- dagger in hand and silently walk to the door and open it.

I step out of the room and look down the halls while I close the door. Making sure the door makes a small 'click' sound before I continue my silent 'quest' down the stairs.

When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I look around and see nothing out of place.

'Must be in the kitchen.' And with that I slowly start walking to the kitchen.

Once I'm in front of the kitchen door frame I look around the dark room before going inside. It's pitch black so I make a quick decision. I ignite my flames so there just flickering, I don't need a lot of light to see the thing that makes me more tense than I already was. My flickering blue flame was enough light that I can make out a figure standing in the corner and bowl face down on the ground.

Word count: 734
Bruh, I got some peppermint earlier. Literally the highlight of my day.

Okay so, my hands are stiff and freezing so that's all. Bye.

12-6-2020