Conversations

Yes, it was Ryan Walker on the other side of my window. I opened the shutter of the window and let him in.

"Hey.....it's you again."

"Yep. It's me." And then he took a seat on my bed like he did the night before.

"Hey. How come you are here? Aren't you supposed to be at Davis's party? I thought Ryan Walker did not miss any of our school parties?"

"Yeah I was really missing you. So I came by to see ya." Hearing this, I couldn't control myself from blushing. It felt like all my blood has rushed to my cheeks. I knew that he was joking, but that one sentence coming out from his mouth gave me millions of goosebumps. I always believed that he was way out of my league, that he was the famous quarterback and I was just an unpopular nerd, with whom I had zero chance.

Though its not that he said he liked me but him being in my room with me is just enough.

"Jeez, Twila Baker you are just so predictable. I love how easily you start blushing every time I say something to you."

"No I am not that predictable, and besides that I don't blush okay?" I lied.

"Oh, stop lying."

"I'm not lying. Wait, you just said you miss me, then why did you ignore me when I smiled at you today in our English class?"

He started walking towards my study table and picked up the plate of cookies that I brought with me.

"Hey, are these chocolate mint cookies and did you make these?"

"Yeah they are, I made these with my little sister"

"You like baking?" He asked laughing

"Yes, but why are you laughing?"

"No, it's just that you're the first girl I've ever met who likes baking at this age. I mean, seriously, who likes to bake at this age. You're so boring." He said teasingly.

"Whatever, I love the way I am. C'mon at least I'm not the kind of girl who likes to fool around with boys and get wasted. Instead I would happily bake and sleep on my comfy bed." I spoke in same breath.

"Okay okay, breathe. I was just messing around with you. Now with your due permission can I taste one of these cookies."

"Yeah sure you can."

He took a bite out of the cookie and a small smile appeared on his face.

"Wow, I love these." He said taking a bite of one more cookie.

"Thanks."

"Twila, from now on these are definitely going to be my favourites and yeah you are making me these again someday."

"Yeah sure, these are my sister's favourites too."

"Can I ask you something?''

"Hmmm....go on."

"What do you keep on thinking everyday?" He asked and patiently waited for me to answer it.

"Nothing. Ryan Walker I'm a thinker, not a talker."
**************************

Author's Note :
Hey guys, we know it's a short chapter but we promise we will be publishing the next chapter soon. Anyways how did you like the conversation between Ryan and Twila. Let us know in the comments section. Anyways follow, vote and share our story and help us grow. Till then take care, adios amigos.

Love :)
Nadiya and Neha.