Chapter II

Draco gasped as he saw the owl fly back. But he wasn't surprised that the owl had come back.

He was surprised that the owl had come back with a letter.

He opened the letter gently. It was written in a messy scrawl, and it looked as if the quill had recently been sharpened, as the paper had a few tiny rips in it here and there. He quickly scanned the letter, moving down to the bottom, where he saw the signature. He then went back to the top, and actually started reading it.

"Dear Draco,

I'm writing back. Of course I am. With such a well-written proposition, why wouldn't I be drawn to you?

Confession time: I like you too. And, if we can get Ginny and Luna together, I'm definitely coming to that truth-or-dare game, and if they don't want to come, I'm dragging them along whether they like it or not.

From, a dumb, gay, abrasive Gryffindor,

Harry.

P.S. It seems I can't figure out the right type for myself."

Draco laughed at the last sentence, stood up, and started up the stairs to his dorm. For once, Harry Potter was contradicting himself.

oOoOo

Draco woke up in his bed feeling as if he hadn't stayed up half of the night pacing the common room while anxiously waiting for a reply.

He quickly threw on his robes and made his way down to the Great Hall. As he made his way over to where his friends were sitting, he glanced over at the Gryffindor table and caught Harry's eye. Harry looked startled for a second, then smiled at him, a warm smile that Draco quickly returned. Harry Potter smiled at me! He smiled! Draco grinned as he went over to his friends, silently exploding.

Just wait till I tell Pansy about this!