2. Not A Dream

Is this real?

"You've got to be kidding me. It finally happened. I went nuts! I'm hallucinating with characters I haven't thought about in years. I just wanted to play a quick short game but nothing was scratching that itch so I went back and played OFF-" You groan. Shutting your eyes and laying your back on the carpet of your bedroom floor. You start ranting to yourself, either in denial or reassurance. Not even the Batter could tell as he awkwardly stays on one knee, waiting for you to finish your rant. "Like I know I haven't dated in years but that's no reason to start having dreams of hot fictional characters!" You roll back and forth, covering your face with your hands. Speaking of the Batter. You peek an eye from between your fingers, uncurling from your fetal position to crawl towards the man, eyeing him like an intriguing oddity. It's then that you fixate on the details of his baseball uniform, the stripes on his loose jersey, teasing the black long-sleeved shirt underneath, perfectly hugging his lean and athletic body. The face attached to it isn't half bad either, or well, maybe if it wasn't giving you a deadpan expression. So, your attention went back to his body.

He's quite athletic and well built.

"Wow, I don't consider myself much of a lucid dreamer but damn-! Never knew my subconscious could dream something so detailed." you admire the man in disbelief, even going so far as to grip his forearm to feel the muscle underneath it his uniform.

"That's enough." he snapped back at you. Lightly smacking you hand off him, instead gripping it to help you stand to your feet.

The physical contact sent shivers down your spine, but it also gave you an idea. "Punch me," you told him blankly.

"Pardon me?" the man eyed you in confusion.

You grew eager at the thought, defying your treacherous subconscious in away. "If this is a dream, the shock of the punch should wake me up-" you didn't get a chance to deliver your explanation when the Batter complied with your order, sucker punching you in the face, practically knocking you back a few steps. "FOR THE LOVE OF-!" You curse, raising a hand to hold your now bloody nose.

The pain feels too real to your liking. Although you're happy you didn't go insane overnight there's still the fact there's a man in your bedroom who's an inch close to sending you to get rhinoplasty. "You really didn't think about holding back on that did ya!?" you snapped back visibly angry, even though this was your idea.

"I don't hold back on an order." the Batter reaffirmed shaking his hand, not a drip of regret in his voice.

"Yeah, no shit," Geez, was he always this stoic? it's not like there's a lot you can work with in in-game dialogue. "You're more of an asshole than I remember." you remarked.

The Batter responds with a frown, wiping the blood from his own forehead. "You attacked me first," he mutters in annoyance, wiping the blood from his forehead. Technically he was the one who appeared in your room uninvited, how else were you not supposed to confuse him for a robber?

"Alright, alright you got me on that one," you raise your hands in defeat. Although you couldn't wrap your head around the fact you had a fictional character in front of you, he still closely resembles a human, I mean he sure bled like one. You already had sympathy for the guy when he was nothing but pixels, there's no way you don't have a stronger feeling now that he's physically in the room with you. Another thing you can feel is the blood dripping from your nose. You head to your bedside drawer with a sigh, retrieving a pair of cotton balls and disinfectant gel. Using one cotton ball to stuff in your nose and the other for the Batter. "Come here, let me clean that up for you." you said in a calmer tone, taking a seat on your bed while patting the spot in front of you.

Despite his initial reaction when he recognized you, the Batter eyes you suspiciously but he eventually complied. Sinking the mattress as he obediently sits right beside you, face facing forward. You removed the black baseball cap from his head, placing the wet cotton ball onto the splotch of red where you smacked him. Batter hissed at the sensation, unconsciously grinning to yourself at his reaction. He can withstand a smack to the head but disinfectant gel stings him. Makes him feel a bit more human "Stings a little?" you tease while disinfecting the cut.