8. Equipment

Going out into a different world with only your pajamas isn't a wise choice.

Just look at Batter. You don't know how, but his jersey shirts manage to protect him like armor! Something you need after fighting your first enemy. 

You hold up a nice looking shirt from your closet. Eyes landing to the text box that pops up when you interact with an article of clothing. You sigh at the description, tossing it to the side when it didn't have the stats you were looking for. 

"What do you think of this one? Does it make me look intimidating?" you ask your add ons for advice. Holding up a different shirt with little hedgehogs on it, pressing it against your chest. 

"Oooh, it's cute." Zacharie comments happily, swinging his feet back and forth while sitting at the edge of your bed. 

"Meh." Batter shakes his head, standing opposite of the room where Zacharie was sitting. 

You look back at the cute shirt placing it back inside the closet as you continue to rummage through. 

While Batter stood patiently in his spot against the wall, Zacharie was more curious. 

Taking in the details of your bedroom, looking at your stuff on the shelves of your drawer with a keen eye, the more he looked at your stuff, the more he learned about you. The empty food wrappers beside your bed made it noticeable you like to snack occasionally, the books on the shelves told him what kind of literature you like, and the desk piled with notebooks and desk supplies made it clear you were a student. Zacharie loved learning more about his player, like an interesting book to read through.

His fingertips graced through your notebooks before a bright object caught his attention. Zacharie made his way to a shelf primarily storing a couple of plastic figurines resembling bright characters he was unfamiliar with. The top shelf however, had the object that caught his attention. It was, much to his surprise, an un-sheath samurai sword perched on top of a wooden base. 

"Excuse me player, but why do you have a sword in your bedroom? You never struck me as a sword wielder." Zacharie asks, seeking your attention before aiming to grab the mentioned object. 

"Oh that old thing? I bought it at a convention some time ago. I thought it would be nice to have if I ever cosplay for Halloween, but I never got around with it. So I just hang it in my room as decoration." you shrug. 

"Interesting. Would you mind if I try it?"

"Knock yourself out." you say in a sing song voice. 

Zacharie grabbed hold of the sheathed sword, pulling it from its confinement to show its pristine metal. It was obvious you have never used it, with the exception of dust and a few scratches on the handle the blade is practically brand new. The mask man looked at himself in the reflection, his excited eyes looking back at him. 

While Zacharie messed around with his weapon of choice, Batter stood away from his spot on the wall to walk up to you.

"Why are you so concerned with your choice of clothing?" Batter asked you.

You pressed your lips together. 

"I just want something with good stats you know?" you tried to reason, even though everything in your closet was low-level. However, the Batter could see through your bluff.

"Anything looks fine on you, just pick something you're comfortable with." Batter suggested. 

You looked back at the monochromatic man with a slight shocked expression, before shaping into a smile. 

"Alright, though I need you two to go outside first so I can change." you gently tapped Batter's shoulder towards the door. 

Zacharie followed Batter to the nothingness, still keeping a hold of his new sword. 

"So you even know how to use that thing?" Batter asked Zacharie. "The last thing I want is for you to slow down the player's progress."

"Let's just say i have a good feeling about this. Like someone made me for it." the masked man chuckles, tucking the sword inside his spacious backpack.

You eventually opened your door, no longer in pajamas but in an outfit you usually wear. Batter is right, if you're gonna be running around and being active, you might as well feel comfortable.

"Let's go."

______

A/n: Looks like the party is set to explore the first zone! Also, let me know what you think about my pacing in this story.