WE'RE GETTING CLOSER

" I'm sorry. What? How's that even possible? The man wasn't even in the country for god's sake. Look Bruce, I've always supported your crazy theories, so I'm hoping you have some proof to back it up."

" It's those shoe marks. Just look at them. They're the same peculiar kind as the ones Henry Mills had in his hands."

"That's not conclusive evidence Bruce, and you know it. There might be a thousand pairs of these shoes."

"Yes, I understand that, and I think if I had a couple more days, I can prove Henry did it. I just need access to his house. There has to be something I've missed out on."

That's when Bruce noticed something from the corner of his eye. There was a small unopened box.
The box still had a seal on it, yet it looked like it had been trashed.
Bruce took a closer look at it, and his eyes widened.

"You find anything Bruce?" Stentley asked.

"This package here, it has the address of Marilyn's house. What's it doing here? Did Adrian steal this package from her house? Could he have been the last person to see her alive, because he killed her?
This case just got a lot more interesting chief."

"How can you say he murdered her? A minute ago you said Henry murdered her."

"Think about it captain. If you were a civilian who had just witnessed a murder, what's the first thing you would do?"

"I'd run away from the scene, and then inform the cops about it. And that's what he did, didn't he?"

"Yes, but why did it take I'm a week to reach out to the cops? And would anyone stuck in such a situation care about some package at the front door? He'd leave his wallet if it feel down. He couldn't have witnessed a murder, lurked around the front porch and stolen a package, and then run to save his life. Doesn't add up."

"Now that you say it like that, I feel stupid for ignoring this. Don't belittle me on purpose man."

"I promise I'll try. It's extremely light, but looks like a big package. I wonder what's inside."

"That's what.... I can't remember who said it." Said lieutenant Maguire.

"Marilyn said it in her last movie."

"Oh yeah! That's what she said. I remember now."

"Well if we're done bickering, can someone hand me a sharp object?"

"Yeah, I have a pocket knife. Give me a minute."

"Wait wait wait! This has been repackaged. Look at the stamp on it. A small part of it has come out on the tape. It's a smooth cut, which means whatever is inside could already be tampered."

They took the package, placed it on a table, and peeled the packaging before opening the box. It had lots of packaging material, but there was something inside that had been taken out.

"Let's sweep this house clean and gather whatever evidence we can. We're going to have to spend tonight in the Mill house."

They found a few logs of wood that all used to be together in some sort of a contraption, a pair of keys that didn't fit the lock to his house, and a gun.

"What does a carpenter need a gun for? Send this to forensics please, captain." Said Bruce.

That night, they all returned to the murder scene of Marilyn Roseanne. The garage door remained open since morning, and it hadn't been closed yet.

"Hey! Officer Adams. Could you please have this garage's door closed?" Asked captain Stentley.

"Sir we've manually closed down the door 3 times today. There seems to be some problem with it. It's opening without any remote or button. We're calling a guy first thing tomorrow."

"Hey captain, where's Henry staying tonight?"

"He's at the Redford hotel."

"Good. I don't want any disturbance tonight. If what I think is right, we'll be done with this case before the sun rises."