HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED

"Okay. So I would like to start from the beginning. Let's play it out. This is Marilyn, sitting on her bed, probably reading a book. The killer lets himself in, and stabs her with a circular weapon. He then tries to stage it as a robbery, but obviously doesn't know what he's doing. He leaves a shabby excuse for a robbery behind him, but there's no evidence to be found.
The last time I came here, I only checked the floor below us. Now I'm doing a clean sweep of this house myself."

He proceeded to look at all the same things Stentley and Maguire had already examined before. The same bed, same floor, same collection of dolls.
That's when his eyes hit the television in front of the bed. He moved in closer, and saw a small inconsistency on the wall behind it. There was a small hole on the wall, right above the television.

"Hey captain? What's behind this room?" He asked.

"A supply closet. We've already checked it. Couldn't find anything worthy of being called evidence."

"I think you might've missed a small detail."

They went into the supply closet, and Bruce tried to locate the hole. Coincidentally, an identical hole had been made on the opposite wall, and it had the same exact placement too.

"Interesting. The case is more clear to me now than ever."

He then went into the room next to the supply closet. There was nothing but a carpet and a bed there.

" There's something hidden here.i can sense it."

They moved the bed and the carpet, but there was nothing to be found.

That's when Bruce noticed something. One single wooden tile had dust on it, and the rest didn't. He put his hand on the tile, and it was detached. Underneath it, was a gun.

This wasn't a gun that shot bullets. This was a specially designed gun. It was made of wood, and had a strong exterior. There was kind of thread stuck to it. This wasn't cotton or wool, it was nylon.

"This is a dental floss thread. It has a greater tensile strength than the other threads, and this is what killed her."

Maguire looked at Bruce in awe, while Stentley knew exactly what was happening. He'd seen this one too many times to know how Bruce, the greatest detective known, operated when it came to high pressure situations. He may have stumbled once, but when it came to solving the unsolvable, Bruce did it best.

"Okay Bruce, explain it to us now."

"This gun. It doesn't shoot bullets. Look at the inside of the gun, it shoots a long smooth rod. The carpenter - Adrian. This is what he used to kill her. The pieces of wood we saw in his workshop, they were all used to perfect this gun. He used them as a level, to make sure his gun could shoot straight under any circumstance. The holes in the two rooms, that's what his ammo went through to kill her. She never saw it coming, because she never expected a tiny little hole in the wall would take her life. Oh dear god. It's all working out now. I've solved it. This is my great return. I've fina-"

"Bruce? The case? You were explaining the murder to us."

"Oh right. Sorry for my derailed thoughts. I'm back on track now."

"This is what happened:"