Chapter 1. "Breakfast,"

Hey guys!!! WERE BACK!!!

***

I had been sitting for hours it seemed just thinking. I couldn't comprehend who was dead and who was alive. Nick, he was dead, I saw the remains. Ahlyn, she was, she was in the room next door last I heard. I wanted to stand up and walk over and just look, just peak in as if all I would see is her sleeping body but I was afraid of what else could be there.

***

It was the morning and I had talked to Clint and slept on my thoughts. Alby had come to talk to me too, I was second in command. Ashlyn was alive and pretty good for someone that hadn't eaten in four days, five now, and a newbie should be coming up in the box today. I decided I would take a look around considering I had closed myself off from the glade for a portion of time. 

I got up and simply walked. I made it over to the kitchen hoping I could get some breakfast from Frypan. When I walked in he seemed surprised to see me,

"Hey! Newt, it's about time you came around."

"I know, whatcha cookin, i'm bloody starvin'" I replied, the smell in my room was making my stomach go insane. Frypan didn't reply right away as he looked at the frying pan in front of him in concentration before flipping it's contents onto a plate which he then slide to me.

"Breakfast," he gruffly announced as I stared down the eggs and bacon that were handed to me, the was full! "with a little extra, you're looking a bit thin," I gave the boy a smile and took my plate out the back door claiming that I needed fresh air. I walked back to the place I had been cooped up in with my full plate of food. After a minute of standing I finally walked in to see her. Her eyes were closed and as my feet made noise on the ground her eyebrows furrowed. Soon her eyes shot open, they were red, terrifying really, sleep deprived. She didn't turn to look at me. I studied as much of her that wasn't covered with a blanket. Her check bones had skin tight on them and the color in her checks was no longer there. I just looked as if my staring at her I could make things better. 

I walked closer, and her eyes softened. She turned her head to look at me and I could see the tears in her eyes. I set the food down on the table and came closer. 

"Ashlyn," I spoke to her as if the wavelengths could hurt her. " Ashlyn it's me, it's Newt," 

"Newt? I don't know anyone named Newt, I only know a few people, Chuck he's so little, and Alby, the leader, Clint the one who's trying to help me, and the person i've been in love with for a while now, Ben,"