Broken Heart

A warm smile was spreading across my face as i looked back at him, listening to those enchanting words that were the ones that could make my knees weak in a second, "I Love You." I was blinded by those three little words. I was in that state were my heart desired to be loved and wanted. My heart was doing so many flips inside my chest while butterflies pity pattered all through my stomach. Pink butterflies. Purple, green, blue, the whole rainbow. I wanted that feeling to stay buried inside of me for forever. But my brain always said "Forever does not last, dear." The warm smile still showed to him as i heard my friend say heart shattering words to me called the truth. "He's cheating on you." and i just broke like that. At that point, my forever was up and my heart was sobbing like a baby. That once warm smile was gone and now has no emotion in it. My mind cluttered with thoughts "What did i do wrong?" "Did i say something?" "Was i not good enough?" Nothing mattered anymore. My mind ran away and was too far gone. The butterflies, the warmness, the beautiful heart that now lies broken, all of those now lie in my fantasy. Where he can still make those butterflies in my stomach come back and does not look at me with such hatred and coldness.