Chapter 6

CaRrIeS pOv

I saw the King sitting there, looking very grim and a little angry, glaring at us. Did he want us to die? Was that a test and we failed? What's going on?!

I felt Vi jab me in the ribs, and I gave her an icy glare. I looked up and saw the King looking at me with concern.

"Miss Carrie, are you alright?" he says. I noticed there was a zombie by his side, almost the same age as us, but maybe a little older. I nodded, clearing my throat.

"What is the problem, your Highness?" I say, thankful my voice didn't sound like a mouses squeak. "Players, Known as Mob Hunters, have located our city, and unfortunately, they have pinpointed your coordinates..." he explains.

"How is that possible?" Vi asked in bewilderment. "There are Players called Hackers, they can find anything and anyone...other Players anyway," he says, turning to us.

"To destroy this connection, we have to eliminate the targets..."

The King turns to the Zombie and nods.

I look to the side, and I saw Vi's face.

She was pale, very pale.

When the Zombie jumped from the golden stage like a floor that the throne sat on, he gave us options. I looked at the label, and it read harming.

"You expect us to drink these potions?" I said in a mix of anger, fear, and surprise. The King nods. "If you don't, our kingdom of Creepers will fall.." he says.

He walks over to the giant sandstone doors and sighs. "I am sorry to ask this of you..." he says as the doors slam shut.

VI looks at me, and I see her tears. She didn't want to die. She was still 7! I was very angry...no, I was enraged.

I saw something fall. from my eye. I touched it, and it felt cool. Vi looked at me like I had three heads. My eye was leaking white mist!

"WHAT IN THE MONGOOSE IN A MONSTER TRUCK," I say, touching it. Vi moved my hair out of the way. "CARRIE YOUR EYE IS GLOWING," she says, panicking.

I put my hand in little ways from my eye and see the bright light shining on it. "WHAT, HOW WHA-" By this time, I couldn't focus, I was also panicking.

Then Vi slaps me. "Carrie! Calm down!" she says as I stare at her. "Why did you slap me," I ask, rubbing my cheek. "It works in the movies," she says, shrugging.

"Well, it apparently worked..." I mutter under my breath. "Should we drink this or...?" she asks.

"Well..." I say, scratching the back of my neck.

"Let's do it if im gonna die, im gonna die saving a CREEPER civilization!" she announces. I chuckled and ruffled her purple hair. "Alright, cheers," I say, clinking my potion to hers.

Then I slapped the potions out of her hand and mine.

"Screw the creeper civilization, Im saving you," I say, grabbing her hand.

She widened her eyes in surprise as the potions crashed against the wall, shattering into a million pieces.

I looked around the room and saw a painting on the wall. I touched it, and my hand broke through to the other side.

"oooo, the secret passage," Vi says, going inside the dirt 1x2 tunnel.

I stepped through the painting after her and ran down the tunnel.

We came out onto a stone platform.

"Yay! We aren't going to die," Vi says, trailing off when she looks in front of us.