Big Strong

"I knew you were strong but ... damn."

"What? It's not that hard."

"Love, you are literally holding up a whole wall with your pinky finger!"

I look up at my hand with a raised brow. Sure I know I'm strong, but that's because I drank my milk. Wait! Is that why Teddy Bear is so skinny?

"I drank my milk, that's why I'm strong."

Teddy Bear didn't seem to believe me, shaking his head and continuing to search the rubble.

Bit peeved but I can deal.

"Just what are we looking for? We're nowhere close to the capital to my knowledge."

We had reached Svar two days ago and began  scavenging through the rubble. I took a few clothes for when mine inevitably needed to be replaced.

The fighting business does that to you. That's the reason why I learned to sew.

Unfortunately my clothes were past the point of mending. Not that I would've bothered doing so anyway.

Teddy Bear seemed to be looking for a specific landmark but couldn't find it.

"We're looking for the goddess tear."

?

"A tear? Why would we be looking for a tear?"

He shook his head.

"Forgot you're a foreigner. Ya call it the foundation of ice and spring if I'm not wrong."

I may have infiltrated this country before but I'm not well versed on its history. They worship a goddess but that's all I know.

What I do know, however, is the landmarks of the country.

Sightseeing is a nice hobby whilst stealing government details, and I know that the fountain of ice and spring is in the capital.

"We're in the Southeast of Svar, just barely in the outskirts of the Voren region. The fountain of ice and spring is in the capital, Hilda. You're probably talking about the fountain of Nicholas, aka the fountain of earth and metal."

Teddy Bear seemed flabbergasted, for good reason, at my knowledge of his country.

I'm not just all stupid!

My stupidity is a choice!

Most of the time ...

"Just how in the name of the gods do you know so much about Svar?"

I shrugged my shoulders, throwing the wall I was holding in some random direction.

My arm was tired so instead of pointing, I nudged my foot in the direction I wanted him to look in.

"See the markings on the stone wall up over there?"

He nodded.

"The stone is carved different depending on the region. It's a leftover tradition from the ancient settlers I believe."

"Okay ... " He paused, running his hand over some of the stone.

"Still, just how do you know this?"

Weird thing to answer from my side of things. How do you say -

I had a job to gather private and detrimental information on your country in case you ever became a threat but also to help my dad to run his bar.

To your future husband?

"I like knowing other people's secrets is all! Helps Papa run the tavern easier!"