26 : Drama to spare

S T A C E Y

I rub my eyes and roll over, curling into my sheets.

I smell the blanket and immediately sit up, looking around the room. I internally groan as I realize I'm in Alex's hotel space.

How do I always end up here when I'm drunk?

Just then the memories from last night come rushing to my head. I feel myself flush and guilt rush through me.

I look down to see I'm in one of Alex's shirts and roll my eyes. Getting up I walk out of the room to see Alex leaning on the counter shirtless, drinking a cup of coffee.

His attention was focused on the ground, so I had a minute to admire him. I almost choke as he looks up and his eyes connect to mine.

"Morning" he sets the coffee down and yawns.

Niagara Falls.

"Hey" I squeak and quickly clear my throat, "Good morning" walking over to the coffee machine, which was currently behind him, I started to make myself a cup.

"So..." I began, clearing my throat and setting the mug on the counter. "What are we—?" I shriek as he grabs my shirt and connects our lips.

This wasn't like the kissed we shared last night, it was slow and gentle, but eager at the same time.

He pushed me up against the island soon lifting me on top of the counter, my breathing became heavy as he slid his hands up my thighs. My head was spinning from the kiss as he held me with so much care. I could feel the slight hard brush of his stubble against my face but it only turned me on more.

My eyes fly open and I abruptly stop when I realize I haven't brushed my teeth. I push Alex away, creating as much space between us as I can and he groans, trying to press his lips back to mine.

I cover my mouth, "I haven't brushed my teeth, I have morning breath"

He rolls his eyes and moves my hand, "I've been waiting 3 years to kiss you again, I don't give a fuck if you have morning breath" He pulls me back to him, tongue slipping into my mouth.

Butterflies erupted in my stomach and a small moan slipped out of me. I heard a low growl from him and gulped as he gripped my thighs tightly, slowing moving up my legs.

The blaring of my phone interrupted us and we broke apart. I jump off the counter, going to get my phone.

I let out a heavy sigh as I see Aeron's contact flash across the screen. Pressing the answer button I hold the phone to my ear, "Hello"

"Stacey" he hiccuped, "Can we please t-talk? I really want to sort this out"

I furrowed my eyebrows at his tone, "Are you really drunk right now?"

The phone goes silent and just when I'm about to hang up he answers no.

I roll my eyes and grit my teeth, "Fine, meet me at the cafe, we'll talk"

Grabbing my bag and putting on my shoes, I get ready to walk out of the door.

"Where are you going in such a hurry?" Alex asked, his gaze following my movements.