16: Flights

ALEX

I watch as she rolls onto her side and rests her arm on me. Her breathing was steady and she felt like home.

But I'll be leaving home. I'll be leaving Stacey.

I stroke her hair, pulling her closer to me. I've booked a plane ticket, away from here, away from everything.

I told Daniela that I was leaving and she cried.I told her I was coming back, when it was safe.

I didn't want the people I loved getting hurt just because my father wanted to see me.

It was settled that Daniela was staying with Leslie. I trusted Leslie to take care of her and I know Stacey will too.

I don't want to leave mom or Daniela and I definitely don't want to leave Stacey but I just want them to be safe.

I know he's always watching me and I expect him to watch me fly out of the country. Once he's done and delt with I'll come back.

But the scary part is..I don't know if anyone will forgive me. Fuck, I don't even know if my mother is going to wake up.

Everything is going wrong for me and all I really wanted was a normal life. Not one full of drama or the living dead or my mother in a coma.

A tear escapes my eye and I quickly wipe it away. I pull the note out of my pants that were on the floor and leave it on her dresser, softly kissing her on the lips.

Once I have my clothes on and I open her balcony door, I take one more look at her. I just want to protect her.

My Stacey.

"I love you" I whisper and then I'm gone.

*

We are now boarding flight 108 to England at gate 10.

The speakers over me announce, I take one more sip of my coffee and throw it away, quickly heading to the gate.

The flight is long and tiring and once I'm off the flight and have my luggage I meet Evan at the front of the airport.

Evan was my favorite cousin and when I told him what was happening he offered for me to stay with him.

He swings his arm over my shoulder, "Long time no see. How've you been holding up?" He asks, walking to the car.

"I need a beer"

"Say no more" he grins.

*

Soon we're at the bar and I'm chugging down my 7th glass of vodka.

"I'm a Barbie girl" I sing, my words slurring.

I see Evan dancing with a girl and my phone starts ringing. Stacey's name and picture flash across the screen and my senses kick back in.

I let my phone ring out.

I can't talk to her, not now. A sigh escapes my lips and I call for the bartender, "Two beers and a shot of vodka please"

He looks at me, shaking his head, and walks away to get the order. I rolled my eyes, at-least I had my fake ID.

"Woah, woah, woah. You're going to tire out your engine before it even starts"

Someone wraps their arms around my neck. I turn my head to see a black haired woman.

"Personal space. It's a thing"

She raised her eyebrows and sits down beside me, "Not in my world" she smiles.

I grab the beer the bartender just put down, "Well in mine, it is"

She crosses her arms and leans in purposely, so I have a front row seat to her chest.

I inhale a breath and grit my teeth. I quickly get up and march toward Evan.

"Can we go?"

He looks at me, "Yeah, if you want to" he grabs the girls hand and we leave out of the bar.

After we're at his house I quickly go into my room to take a shower. As the hit water runs down my body I tilt my head back, my mind floating to Stacey.

She's going to hate you.

"Ugh!" I pull on my hair. Why is she always on my mind?

I turn off the shower and wrap the towel around my waist, walking out of the bathroom.

Once I'm in my room I hear moaning and I mentally face palm. Come on, Evan!

A groan escapes my lips and I quickly get dressed. My phone dings and I see Diego's name flash against the screen.

Diego
How are you holding up?

Alex
I feel like absolute shit

Diego
Yeah, Stacey's not holding up very well

Alex
I bet she hates me

Diego
No Alex, she just misses you. Get some sleep and drink some water because knowing you, you probably drank your ass off

Alex
You know me so well, night Diego

Diego
Night Alex

I chuck my phone into the nightstand drawer and try to get some sleep but 5 minutes later I hear screaming.

"Evan!" Someone moans. I almost gag, I bury my face in a pillow and cover my ears.

This is going to be a long night.

×××

Hey babes!

Sorry for the short chapter, I hope you can forgive me

And just to remind you, everything that's
happening now is for a reason so don't kill me for
making Alex leave😔

I love you guys!

Love Cici:)