•09• Espial

The sky was clear, dusk approaching the busy city quickly. Yugyeom’s birthday party was organized in one of the most expensive A listed clubs, a.k.a one of the hottest places in the city. 

The wide black matte door opened to a neon blue dome roof with glow lights. To call it big was literally insulting, it was humungous. Gold adorned velvet sofas with perfect cut glass tables. The black flooring had projecting geometric designs and to match with the roof, the glass bar counter had fresh aqua blue shades illuminating on the glasses and stocked liquor. Plain luxury.

Cocktails, pastries, mouth-watering appetizers and main courses were readily served for the guests. It was magnificent, rich and the entire space dripped in money.

There was quite a buzz when Jungkook walked in. He had worn a simple black shirt, ripped jeans with matching timberlands. His chest surprisingly was broad compared to before and his pec muscles flexed out of his shirt even without trying. His physique was enhanced in the black outfit and caught attention unknowingly.

Jungkook was already nervous to offer the present he bought for Yugyeom and now knowing there was nothing his friend needed, he was contemplating whether to give it or not. It was a simple gift Ma suggested, a classic watch because she said the best thing you can give someone is your time.

"Look who's here!" Yugyeom yelled and pulled Jungkook for a tight hug.

“Happy birthday Yug.”

Jungkook smiled and nervously handed him the present.

"Kook, you didn’t have to. Gifts don’t matter you know?" Yugyeom said and put the box on the table.

"Cheesy fucker." Jungkook whispered and both of them laughed.

"Ah! Jeon Jungkook is here." Mr. Hoki joined the two while leisurely sipping on his glass of champagne.

"Hello sir." Jungkook greeted and Hoki pulled him for a bone crushing hug which made Jungkook falter a little because his left leg was slightly hurt.

"Welcome to the party Jeon Jungkook. And look at you young man!" Mr. Hoki checked his outfit and Jungkook rubbed his nape. Yugyeom chuckled and was soon distracted when more guests walked in.

"T-thank you." he whispered nervously.

"Well little Jeon, I'm glad you're here." Mr. Hoki whispered now, looking at Jungkook with a mysterious gaze while he patted his shoulder.

There was something very strange about his expression that Jungkook noticed, his eyes were hiding something. Mr. Hoki seemed way too different than how he acted around Yugyeom. 

Mr. Hoki noticed Jungkook's gaze fixed on him so he laughed to lighten up the awkwardness.

The club grooved with thumping music, people chatting and wishing the birthday boy. Jungkook sat there quietly in one of the seats and the bartender offered him a drink which he denied politely. The bartender later handed him a soda instead which he accepted gladly and smiled.

He sipped on the soda and hummed to a tune softly but when a familiar figure walked in through the door, Jungkook froze. It was Kim Taehyung and God he looked so handsome.

Taehyung wore a black turtleneck sweater and tailored black pants with a brown coat rested on his forearm. His blonde hair straightened and shiny as always. Couple of long earrings dangling on his left ear and simple accessories but the most beautiful thing he wore was his smile on his plum lips.

Taehyung gained all attention as he swiftly entered in style. Yugyeom advanced towards Taehyung like a puppy in trance.

"Oh my God, Taehyung! You look- wow.”