please don't

⚠︎ cw//mcd

and out of all the things you said ..
maybe the last one is the worst
(im being honest kay --)
but its okay .. I know what I will face afterwards.
but if i think about it again ..
I do not regret confessing that to you
although it really affects our friendship and basically EVERYTHING
I really felt relieved until this moment
im happy
i feel like there's no more burden
and i hope my decision makes you happy
I mean that's what you asked right ?
so.. see you :)
-donghyuck

donghyuck didn't come to school the next day.

and the next day

and two days later.

and just the day after mark finished reading that last part of the letter earlier this morning. only to hear an announcement.

"we want to take some time this morning to talk about something very sad. lee donghyuck, died unexpectedly days ago. at this point, we do not know the cause of his death. we all know that death is a difficult issue for anyone to deal with. even if you didn't know donghyuck, you might still have some emotional react-"

mark couldn't hear anything. he felt his head not properly working. as if that sense of caring suddenly appear and what's worse is that it came in a very late time. he regretted everything. he hates himself. he wished that he could turn back time to not do anything and just be friends with donghyuck.

the class was silent. it turns gloomy. every single one in the class were guilty. from physically abusing donghyuck, verbally hurting him, and just spreading the hate post. they were all felt like they were in trouble. they all feel like they were a murderer who killed their own classmate.

since that day, the school turned gloomy. although laughs were everywhere, it just felt different. everyone is just having fun like they used to but deep down, guilt is still with them. exception for mark, he's been quiet. he likes to be alone at the rooftop and hanging around the infirmary.

all the places he used to go when he was with donghyuck. but now, he couldn't do anything to make it up. its just far too late.

one thing he do, he always came to donghyuck's place. bringing flowers and just spending time there, talking by himself. how he felt regret and just recalling some old memories. he felt peace when he was there, but also guilty.

year passed and mark never stops visiting donghyuck. he came after work, even when he got married. he felt safe there. its his safe place.

'thank you for being my past, and sorry for hurting you,'

'i love you mark, and i will always be.'

this story got me quite stuffed. but one thing that i do realize is that i feel like im rushing it. its just too fast, but i still hope you like it :) thank you y'all sending love from my quaranhome 🙆🏼‍♀️💖