Reunited At Last

It had been years since Alice and Sarah had last seen each other, but she had always remembered those eyes. This was her friend. Or actually, her ex-friend. At this moment Alice had no clue whether this was her imagination playing with her because of the mix of Fizzle Rocks and morphine in her blood, but either way she was clutching into her as if her life depended on it — which it did.

"Come here, you're safe now, I promise." She tried to calm the hysterical woman in her arms down, as she still tried to process that Marc had been right. 

Alice was alive all along and looking at the blood on her body she wasn't doing well. It was a struggle to keep her own emotions to herself as she held someone who was declared death, which also happened to be someone she had hurt a lot in the past. 

Alice's whole body was trembling as she tried to make her way away from the place she had been stuck for weeks now. Sarah supported her body and tried to get them to her car as soon as possible. 

The cries of her friend went as a knife through her soul and at the same time she felt her heart racing over the fact that it was really Alice in her arms. A little more than a month ago she had heard FP speech on her funeral, she even had seen her coffin been buried into the ground.

She felt Alice's hand clawing in her side, because if she didn't she would collapse right there and then. The fact that her nails were digging into her skin told her that she wasn't hallucinating either. This was all real. 

Walking with so many drugs in your system and weeks without a proper meal wasn't the easiest task. Sarah looked around once more and realized that this would be her chance to see if this was indeed the drug lab they had been looking for, but right now the woman in her arms was her top priority. This wasn't about her break as a cop, this was about saving someone that she owed so much.

Once she had managed to get her in the passenger seat, Alice started to cry silently and buried her face in her hands. She was free. She made it. She fucking made it. Her plan had worked, she wasn't no longer under the power of Hal and Partel.

"Alice, look at me. I need you to calm down, okay? Follow my lead." Sarah grabbed both Alice's hands and made her look straight into her eyes as she started to take long breaths for Alice to follow, before she'd get stuck in a full panic attack.

Right now Sarah had no idea what had happened to Alice, but looking at the extreme bags on her eyes, her wild hair and the fact that she was bleeding, couldn't mean any good. 

Her sobs were the only sound filling the car right now, but slowly but steady she managed to get back down to earth as she did what Sarah asked her too. Her sight became a little less blurry even when her eyes were still burning from her tears. She was so tired, so damn tired.

Where was her husband? Where was her son? Where they even okay or had they done something to them too? What day was it? How long had she been gone? And why was her ex-friend sitting next to her in a cop uniform?

"Why are you—How did you—What did—" Alice stuttered, having no idea with which question she needed to start. She wiped away her tears and folded her trembling hands together to try to keep them still, but there was too much going on right now that she didn't understand.

Sarah didn't answer any of her intended questions as she first reached for her bag and grabbed a bottle of water and handed it over to her. Alice paused her thoughts as she drank the whole bottle in one chug, as she had been dehydrated for way too long. It seemed to calm her down as she closed her eyes for a few seconds and leant back in her chair.

Sarah combed with a hand through Alice's hair, effectively calming her down. She smiled slightly as she saw her friend getting back to reality, feeling that it was time to explain everything she wanted to know. It was going to be an unbelievable story, but she deserved to know.