Safe Space

"Alice, I need you to tell me as much as possible to help you, okay?" Sarah told her sweetly.

The four of them had sat down on the couch while Alice was holding her son tightly to her chest. She felt FP's arm protectively around them both as she dug into her memory. Her energy level was so low that even thinking back of the things she had seen could be a little too much. Three pair of eyes were pointed to her and she knew she had to give them something. If only she knew everything perfectly, that would make telling her story a lot easier.

"Hal and Partel are making some sort of new drug. I remember they referred to it as something like Fizzle Rocks." Alice said vaguely as flashes of Hal lingering above her body slowly came back to the surface.

She felt FP tense around her and even when he tried to keep his calm, that was almost impossible when you heard that the ex of your wife had taken her to use her as some sort of experiment. After all those years in prison he had figured that things had calmed down but it turned out it was completely the opposite.

"I'm going to kill him." FP mumbled to himself, his fist clenching so hard that his knuckles turned dangerously white.

Alice looked side wards and felt his anger taking over but it wasn't the time for that. She grabbed his clenched fist with her free hand and slowly made him let go to intertwine their fingers. The look in his eyes slowly changed too because of her warm touch. Right now she was the only thinking keeping him sane even when it still felt like surreal dream. 

"So, it has been Hal all along? He is the one bringing Fizzle Rocks into Riverdale?" Marc asked out loud, turning towards Sarah as he recalled the conversation they had been having about this when they tracked the phone call.

"It's starting to make a little bit more sense now." Sarah sighed.

Even though she didn't know Hal Cooper personally, it started to become clear that this was some kind of revenge plan as he made his way back to everything he had done before he was locked up in prison. And who better to use in your crimes than the woman that locked you up in the first place? But before she would complete the puzzle she needed to make sure that Hal wasn't going to come find Alice. 

"As long as Hal is on the loose I am not sure you'll be safe here, Alice. I propose you'll stay with Marc for the time being just in case Hal decides to drop by. It's just going to take him a matter of hours before he will notice that you are gone." 

Sarah quickly came up with this plan in the hope to guarantee her some safety, but her worried eyes told her that she wasn't too comfortable with that. Before she could speak, FP would make clear what he thought of that idea.

"No way, I'm not leaving her once more." He stated harshly. Sarah tried to take a breath before going into discussion with him. She understood that he wanted to be by her side but this was Alice's life they were talking about.

"FP, it's best for Alice's safety—" Before she could even finish, he quickly interrupted her.

"The last time someone told me this kind of crap I thought I had lost her. I'm staying with Alice." His hands were trembling as he thought of the heartbreak he had to go through and how stupid he had been to leave her alone.

Maybe if he had asked more questions to the doctor, maybe if he had sensed that something was wrong, she wouldn't have been taken away from him. What if Alice hadn't tried to call him? What if Marc had believed that it was a prank call? What would Hal have done to her? Would she be sitting her right now or would she really be gone?

Sarah could see that there was no way she was talking him out of his idea. Not that she blamed him, she could imagine that his own trauma was too serious to let Alice out of sight.