vingt deux

R e e s e 

He's here. Austin Carter freakin' Mahone is here. Someone better tell me this is a goddamn dream. Please. I can't handle this right now.

I felt my chest heave up and down rapidly. "I can't breathe," I managed out. And soon enough I was repeating it and each time I did it was more frantic than the last. 

Austin quickly ran out the room and called for a nurse. Once she came in she ushered everyone out before treating me. "Breathe in and out sweetheart," she cooed as she stroked my matty, rat nest of a hair. 

I felt my chest tightening as well as my throat. My eyes stinged with tears because I was so scared on the fact that I have no idea what's exactly going on with me. Then again why should I fight it? I should just accept the bliss that'll take me away from this pain, from the past that's following me, and for every damn thing that's making my life terrible.

Peer pressure sucks. I am going to lose Nationals (not that I can attend anyway now), Austin's back, and now Caroline Hansen (the most ridiculous, narcisstic girl when it comes to figure skating) will now have the upper hand on winning. For the second time ever.

No, I will beat her and make sure she does not beat my record of four in a row. I will win, I want a five streak win and I'll be damned if I let her win.

A u s t i n 

We were soon ushered out of her room, but before they can push me out I glanced over my shoulder to look at her one last time. She was shakng and gasping for air. And I knew from that moment that that memory would be etched in my mind forever. It was a horrible sight. She's scared of me, and it hurts so much.

I excused myself from the others so I could at least gather my thoughts and push out the suffocating ones. When I was in the cafeteria I spot one of Res' friend walk in. She was probably the only one who didn't look at me like she wanted me dead.

Her hair bounces with every step she took towards me and she looked quite calm. She pulls the seat next to me and looks straight ahead at a painting. "I'm April."

"Austin."

"We know who you are, no need for formalities. Reese told us everything about you."

"Everything?"

"Everything. Like how you broke her heart."