서른하나.

─jisung almost screamed when he entered the room yet held it in and left the scream to leave mrs zhong's mouth only. it wouldn't help the situation anyway. he hurried over the boy scrunching clutching on the floor while the boy's mom ran off to call help. the thought that it was too late was torturing his brain but as he got hold of the trembling figure, he found him still conscious─at the verge of fainting.

"start taking deep breaths. make them steady," he ordered in a deep voice.

chenle shook his head slightly.

"chenle, look at me." jisung cupped his face to lock their gazes. "focus on my eyes and start taking deep breaths. don't think about it, just focus on me, okay? I'm here now." he wasn't willing to give up as he held the boy's fragile body.

chenle was tearing up but something was obviously still triggering him. it didn't calm him down and jisung cursed under his breath. he had no idea how to stop it, he only knew the boy needed to get rid of all bad thoughts to clear his mind. he needed to get his breath back on track.

jisung was suddenly struck with a simple idea he would hesitate about normally but now he pushed any worries aside. if the breath doesn't calm down, jisung will help it himself.

damn it.

it was tearing him apart but he had no other choice right now. he brought chenle's face closer and connected their soft lips that tasted of salty tears and broken hearts.

but mainly of regrets.