epilogue

"That's great because I would have been really embarrassed if you rejected me just then

"That's great because I would have been really embarrassed if you rejected me just then."

---

Over a year had passed since the Jurassic World incident. Those who had witnessed the horrors of the I-Rex still had nightmares. Elle was one of them. She was still haunted b the events that occurred over those few days. 

What haunted her most was the death of her father. Sometimes she dreamt of his death, but she was there with him. She always woke up as the explosion occurred. 

Prom night had approached and the pair were going together. 

Zach's Mum being Zach's Mum insisted on taking as many photos of the pair as possible before they left. Elle went along with it, smiling brightly, but Zach groaned and complained about it after about two minutes. 

"Oh, hush," Elle muttered, pinching his arm.

---

Elle was having such a fun time at prom that she felt like she didn't want it to end. She danced with Cara and some of the others she had become friends with. 

When a slower song came on she danced with Zach.

"Are you having fun?" He asked.

"I've never been to a dance before. It's fun," she told. "Are you having fun?"

"I'm with you, of course I am."

"That's sappy, I love you," she blurted, her eyes widening as she froze in her spot. "It. I mean it."

"I love you too," he whispered. 

Elle nodded, a smile spreading across her face. 

"That's great because I would have been really embarrassed if you rejected me just then," she chuckled, her heart still racing.

Zach laughed, kissing her forehead as he pulled her closer and they continued to sway to the music. 

A/N Here's the epilogue, sorry it's short I could not figure out how to end this story.