chapter XIX

it was a warm summer day. the sky was a happy shade of blue, and a few clouds brought dynamic to the scene. the wind would blow occasionally, bringing a cool change of temperature. if it was quiet enough, the humming of bees and singing of birds could be heard, too. from the top of the cliff, the ocean could be seen.

the point was, everything was perfect.
but even if it wasn't, shane and ryan would still see it as perfect. because it wasn't the scenery that made the day so beautiful, it was the day itself.

today was their wedding day.
•••
shane stood in front of a full length mirror and inhaled deeply, tugging slightly at his tie. his stomach would rise and fall as he remembered what was happening today. there was a small knock on his door, and then it opened.

"looking sharp as ever" lucifer winked. "you really shouldn't try to make me so jealous!"

"hey lu" shane smiled.

"you look nervous shaney..."

"i mean, of course i am. it's my wedding day." he let out a slightly nervous laugh, then echoed "...my wedding day."

"aren't you excited? you were so sure about this one. well i guess it's not so bad, i could start a portal back to hell right now—"

"lucifer!" shane said, annoyed.

"i kid, i kid. don't be mad"

"i'm very excited. you know i really love ryan. i'm just nervous too. but it's a good type of nervous."

lucifer placed a hand on shane's shoulder and smiled at their reflections in the mirror.

"i really am happy for you man. " he waited a bit in silence. "well then, i should get going. duties await. but do break a leg out there... it'd be quite funny."

"lucifer." shane smiled, "you should stay for the ceremony."

"oh no i can't do that..."

"really, we'd be glad to have you."

"ah if you insist i suppose" he said, trying to hide his happiness behind an arrogant complexion.
•••
outside, the guests were piling up. family, college friends, and buzzfeed coworkers all gathered together. the talking got louder as more people arrived, and music hummed in the background.

ryan and shane stood together, greeting everyone who had come to join them.
ryan looked up at shane.

"why do i feel like some of the demons from our ghost hunts are here too?"

shane took a look around and smiled.

"because they are." he saw ryan tense up, and he bent down to be on level with him.
"don't worry" he whispered, "i'll always be here to protect you." and he stole a kiss from ryan's lips before turning around to greet more guests.
they'd done a lot more than kissing, but somehow this kiss made ryan blush.
•••
the ceremony was a beautiful one. many laughs were heard, some tears were shed. shane and ryan said their vows.

the night was young when the music began. everyone danced and had a good time. the try guys even held a special toast and performed a dance dedicated to shane and ryan. steven and andrew were also there, taste testing all the food out of instinct. by the time the party ended, everyone had made enough memories to look back on for years.
•••
shane and ryan cuddled together in their five star hotel room bed. they had a flight early tomorrow to the bahamas for their honeymoon. they were both excited for tomorrow, but this moment was where they wanted to be right now.

"what a day..." ryan said, smiling.

"what a day." shane repeated.

"you know..." ryan started, "when you kissed me before the ceremony, i think i blushed a little."

"did you now?"

"yes, i think i might have a tiny little crush on you."

"hmm. i wonder if this will make you blush too" shane said, kissing ryan's neck.

"ahhh" ryan laughed "yes i think it is!"

"well then, ryan bergara" shane said, on top of him. he moved his body over ryan's, pressing him against the bed. "i think i might have a crush on you too."

*next chapter will be the final one...
~avia