Part Three.

Part Three.

When we walked through the front door, I was pleased to see that Samantha wasn’t there yet. The place was packed. Bodies writhed against each other to the beat of the music, others stood in the sidelines making small talk and enjoying the atmosphere, but even then I could see that Samantha was not there. It meant that Louis and I would have some time to chill without his girlfriend shoving her tongue down his throat every couple of minutes. She was a nice girl, but still had that freaky side to her. I never knew Louis was comfortable showing affection around people until Samantha came along. It had me thinking that there were things I didn’t know about my best friend.

Samantha knew him better than me, and it just added acid to the open wound.

Louis and I were standing to the side of the living room, talking to some friends of mine. They all asked about my ‘absence’ from the social life and I just dismissed their comments with a chuckle. They seemed to take a liking to Louis, which made me happy. The guy still didn’t have many friends. Perhaps this new Louis will be a social butterfly, I thought to myself as I took sip from the beer in my hand.

“Shawn! My man, I’ve missed your clown ass!” I turned to see Brandon come wobbling our way with two beers in hand. I was sure that he had been drinking since he found out his grade and just chuckled. He draped an arm around my shoulders and handed me one of the beers. Brandon and I were friends from History class, he would always copy my homework and I would use him to score with the girls. Quid per quo, he always said.

“Where you have been hiding, dude? I was trying to hook you up with Janice over there for the past month or so,” he pointed over to a girl with big breasts and long blonde hair. Your typical cheerleader, I’d say. She was glancing our way, a smile on her lips. A teasing smile that would have me walking her way any other day except today.

I glanced at Louis and he was staring some place else. I followed his line of sight and saw him looking at Janice, who was teasing the head of the beer bottle with her tongue. He turned back to look at me and gave me a nod. He smirked as he took the bottle from my hand and took a swing. Did he think Janice was my type? I shook my head and turned back to Brandon. He was saying something about a girl in his music class that seemed to be my type, when I heard Samantha’s high pitch voice somewhere near us. I tried to tell Louis that we should go get something to drink, but Brandon was still talking and laughing not letting me say a single word.

“Louis!” I cussed under my breath and sighed. We both turned at the shout of his name and saw Samantha walking towards us with a pretty girl by her side. The girl was slightly shorter than Samantha. She had short black hair, big brown eyes, tank top and mini skirt on, and the sweetest smile I had ever seen on a girl. She was blushing a bit as they came nearer.

Samantha took hold of Louis’ arm and kissed his cheek, “Sorry it took us so long. Shawn, this is my friend Becky. Becky, this is Shawn, Louis’ best friend.”

“Hi,” I extended my hand and Becky took it in hers.

“Hey,” she said softly. I could see that she was shy, which only made her look cuter than what she already was.

“Isn’t he handsome?” Samantha said, with a small giggle. All of the sudden I was in doubt that this was such a good idea. I was sure that she was up to something and her next words just confirmed it, making my stomach sink.

“You two would make such a cute couple; don’t you think so, Louis?”

I glanced at Louis for some help, but the guy was no help. He shrugged and just smiled. What the hell? My eyes widened as it clicked in my head, they had planned this. I knew Louis wasn’t the party type and even with Samantha by his side, he wasn’t that much of a crowd guy. She had convinced him that this is what I needed. Now I understood why Louis would bring her around our room so much and why she kept asking about the things I liked or disliked. I had thought that she was just a nice girl trying to be friends with me, but now I knew she had been up to something the entire time.