Chapter 5: Emotions

~:+ Error's POV +:~

Blue bolted up the stairs and stopped in front of Ink's room, me being right behind him.

"INK! Are you okay in there!?" Blue asked, worry in his voice despite sounding as loud as usual.

I nudged Blue to the side and knocked on the door.

"Ink? Can we come in?" I asked, putting my hand on the doorknob. When he didn't answer, I tried to open the door to find it was locked.

"Damn it," I muttered.

"What is it Error?" Blue asked.

"It's locked," I said, knocking on the door again. "Ink let us in."

There was no response. Blue and I exchanged a look of worry. We kept knocking.

"INK! Please let us in!" Blue said, knocking on the door again.

"Ink! So help me I will portal into your room," I said, waiting for a moment to see if the door would open. It didn't. "Alright Ink, we're coming in."

I opened a portal and walked in with Blue following.

As I entered the room I saw Ink run through one of his own portals, leaving Underswap completely.

"Did he leave?" Blue asked.

I hummed a yes in response.

~:+ 🎨 Ink's POV 🎨 +:~

When Error said he was going to portal in, I panicked.

I ignored the pain from my wound, grabbed Broomie, and made a portal to Outertale. It was the first place I thought of. I just wanted a peaceful place to sit and cry.

That's what I did. I sat at the edge of the same cliff I always sat at. I put my hands over my eyes and just cried. I didn't even know how long I'd been crying.

My train of thought continued, filling me with more negativity.

Will Dream and I ever talk again? Who am I kidding, I just hurt him badly. Even if we stay friends, it would never be the same. Everything would be awkward.

I sobbed harder, pulling my hands away from my face.

I looked out ahead of me. There, I saw a crumpled up piece of paper, slowly floating towards me.

When it came within reach, I grabbed it.

I uncrumpled it. It was the drawing I'd made the last time I was in Outer!Tale. The drawing of me with a soul.

I looked happy in the drawing.

This drawing is a lie, it can never happen. Wait...

As I was looking at the drawing, an idea popped into my skull.

What if I just stop feeling altogether? It would be the real me, and I won't be able to feel any pain, sadness, or fear.

I touched each of my vials once and pulled out the white one. The one that resets my emotions.

I'll stop drinking them after this, that is my choice.

~:+ Error's POV +:~

After Blue and I told everyone in the living room about what had happened, everyone started looking around.

I went to find Dream to ask him about what happened.

I followed footprints. They led deep into the Snowdin forest.

Soon, I heard sobbing and talking.