2

"Mom!

"What is it, honey?"

"There's a letter for us"

"Letter? From who? Let me see"

Mrs. Fenrsby hastily opened the letter, with immense curiosity. She starts to read the letter to herself.

"Mom, what is it about?"

After reading the first few lines, Mrs. Fernsby's eyeballs almost dug itself inside as she gulped.

"Hey? What is it?"

"Oh honey, we're invited at the b-ball held by the Kims at their mansion," Mrs. Fernsby informed her daughter with the utmost disbelief in her eyes.

"Kims? Who are they?"

Mrs. Fernsby rolled her eyes at her daughter's silly question.

"Abby, how can you be so stupid? Kim. The most royal and elite family of our state. They have invited us to their traditional ball for their son to pick his favourite woman to be his soon-to-be wife"

"Wow! That is just so amazing! But why should we even go there?"

"What do you mean, sweetie? You want to give away this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity?"

"Look, no offense to us, but we don't even go with their standards, so how do you expect me to be chosen among hundreds of beautiful young ladies who'll be attending the ball?"

"I know my child is the prettiest living girl in this state, so much more handsome, incredible and proficient than any other living creature"

"Yes please, I had enough of your flattery. I'll go. Happy?"

"Yess! That's my child!" Mrs. Fernsby exclaimed with excitement.

Abella stared at her mother as she thought how parents are crazy to get their children married to royal families. She finds it a sort of a social norm that is nothing but just a prejudice, believing that a good life can only be obtained if the husband is rich.

"Wonder how it's gonna go"