Hybrid part 3

Darryl woke up in the middle of the night, he couldn't see that much because it was dark. He could make out the shape of a human, he assumed Vincent, there was no sign of any of his new friends. Darryl bit his lip nervously, had he imaged Zak and the others. Darryl sat up and if he was correct Zak should be in the room as well as Dave. Darryl looked at Vincent who was asleep and unaware that Darryl was awake. There where distant footsteps which soon broke into a run. Darryl wanted to wake Vincent but he also wanted to see what was happening. Darryl opened the door to see Spifey running down the hall. "Hey!" Darryl called out to get his attention. Spifey turned around. "Hey, Darryl why are you awake?" He asked nervously. "No reason, what happened." Spifey look away for a second. "Okay hop on." He then turned into an oversized beaver.

Darryl never thought he would be riding a beaver in the middle of the night. Let alone riding a beaver to a life or death situation. Spifey lead him to an area where Dave, Zak and Jacob where fighting a huge frog human. Zak saw Darryl and flew back over. He took hold of Darryl and flew him to a tree. "What are you doing?" He asked concerned. "I came out here with Spifey to see what was going on." Darryl told him nervously. "Well that's stupid! You could get hurt." Darryl was surprised that Zak was caring for Darryl so much. "So could you." Darryl pointed out. "Look, we will talk about this later, just go." Zak said turning away from Darryl and jumping off the tree.

When Darryl got back he saw a light from one of the rooms. Darryl knocked on the door after listening to a bit of their conversion. George had been there with Sapnap and the two had been debating if this was all a prank, while Clay was in the conner trying to experiment. "Come in!" Clay called out. Darryl opened the door and surprised all of them. "I thought you would be one of the hybrids." George told him. "I know what they are doing, and why them? I thought we can't risk their life's." George looked at Clay before saying. "Exactly!" Clay glared at him before answering. "Well, they only have one weakness which other hybrids can't touch, tats why having humans on our team would mean we win." He explained calmly. George stopped smiling while Darryl and Sapnap looked amazed. Darryl tried to speak but Sapnap got there first. "So are they immortal?" He then went back to looking at the Flore when he saw all three of them surprised. "Yes, they are for all you know they could have been here for hundreds of years." Darryl wondered if this is why Zak was worried about him, maybe Zak had lost friends before. "Who's the youngest and who's the oldest?" Darryl asked. "Spifey the oldest here. He's 345. Zak's the youngest. Tomorrow is his 114th birthday." George finally seamed impressed. "Why is there such a big gap between them?" He asked. "Spifey was one of the first and Zak was one of the last." There was one more thing that Darryl wanted to ask. He knew it could hurt Clay if he said it so he tried not to, eventually curiosity got the best of him. "Where you around when it went wrong?" He asked. "The experiment? Yes I was." Clay didn't seem uncomfortable so Darryl risked pushing it further. "Can you tell us about it?"

"I can, I was close with the one who sabotaged it. Well the people. Since it happened 20 years ago I was 4. I  remember everything though. The one's who did it was 34 and 24. The 34 year old had a wife and two kids he would no stop talk about. The 24 year old was the girl who was being tested on, she wanted to have a lot more power then it would give her. Both of them had a plan to make her queen of hybrids but not for good. She wanted to rule evil. This went well for the girl but it caused the lab to explode is killed the other one she was working with. In a second Zak managed to get me, Dave, Spifey and Jacob out of there. However it was too late to save someone else, he was Zak's closest friend at the time. His name was Harvey, he was too close to the front to be saved, ever since that Zak has been protective over all of us, to the point where he would die to protect us all. Whenever he gets to close to anyone he becomes insane, he swore that he would kill her, the one that caused this."

After the story Darryl wanted to find Zak. He left the room and went to see if they had won yet. When he got to the door he saw Zak was flying high. Darryl managed to cach Zak's eye. So Zak flew down and smiled at Darryl. "Did you do it?" Darryl asked. "Yeah, the others went inside a few minutes ago, wanna fly with me?" He asked. "Um... Sure." Before Zak could get Darryl on his back Darryl hugged him. "Okay, what's this for?" Zak asked. "Promise you won't get mad at me?" Darryl asked. "Okay, even though I haven't known you for that long I feel like I can trust you." Darryl bit his lip before saying. "Clay told us about what happened, with the explosion." Zak pulled away from the hug. "Did he explain about Harvey?" He asked. Darryl nodded and Zak blinked repeatedly trying not to cry. "We can talk about this later." He said. "By first let's fly."