Part 5

When the game was over it was dark out. I was walking home with Ham, Benny, and Scotty. Scotty was trying not to step on the cracks in the sidewalk, Ham and I were talking, and Benny was just walking next to us, not talking.

We got to the Ham's road and he said bye. Scotty ran to the house ahead of time and I stayed behind with Benny, "Are you okay?" I asked. He looked up and smiled at me, adjusting his baseball cap, "I'm just thinking." he said in reply. I just shrugged, "Okay well I will see you tomorrow at the sandlot?" I asked. He nodded, "Yeah. Meet us there at eight o'clock." I nodded in reply and went inside.

Scotty was sitting on the couch and said, "You ask him what's wrong with him?" he asked. I nodded and went to my room. I wonder what he was thinking about, probably a girl...wait! What if that girl is....me? No he couldn't be and besides I can't be thinking this way.

He is a sweet guy, very cute, and athletic...No! Stop! Just stop thinking about him that way. He probably doesn't, your just imagining things. I got showered and into my pajamas, ate, then went to sleep.

The whole night I was dreaming about Benny. I don't want this to ruin our relationship, me loosing him I mean. I mean...maybe it won't...if I don't tell him.
The next morning I woke up and got into some shorts, a tank top, and a baseball jersey over. I got on some converse and put my hair up. It was extremely hot this morning. Scotty waited outside when I heard someone calling my name. I looked over my shoulder and saw Benny running up to us. He smiled and said, "This game is gonna be hard today. It's so hot y/n!" I laughed and said, "Yeah it will, but I'm not wearing jeans like you," I said laughing. "You will have a harder time." I said. "Maybe I will finally do better then you for once." he shook his head and we just laughed over everything. Scottie left us so he could get to the sandlot earlier. After a while we finally got to the sandlot and everyone was there waiting for us.

"What the hell, where were you guys?" Timmy asked, annoyed. "Where were you guys?" Tommy asked. Benny looked at me and we laughed, "What the hell is wrong with you guys?" Denunez said annoyed. All of them were sweating bullets and drinking sodas.

Benny walked to them and said, "Were are you mitts guys?" He asked. Squints laughed, "We aren't playing today. It is too hot out here." Benny looked at him annoyed and said, "Anyone who wants to be a can't-hack-it pantywaist who wears their mama's bra, raise your hand. Everyone raised their hand including you, he looked at you and rolled his eyes.
"Fine, fine, fine. Where are we gonna go anyway?" he asked.

We decided to go to the community pool. Everyone ran home and got into their bathing suits. I ran to the pool with Scotty. All the boys were there already and when you came, wearing your bikini, they all stared at me.

I quickly wrapped my towel around myself and sat on the seat. "Come in y/n!" Benny yelled. "Is it cold?" I yelled back. "No it isn't!" He yelled. I put the towel on my seat and went in. It was so cold, "It is freezing." I said and splashed him. He laughed and we just splashed around for a little bit. Then all the boys other than Benny looked at this lifeguard. Squints got out of the pool and went to the diving board and jumped in. After a while he didn't come up. The lifeguard dove in and everyone rushed out of the pool.

The lifeguard was giving him mouth to mouth. She put her head on his chest and he opened his mouth and smiled. We were all confused. When the lifeguard went to give him mouth to mouth again he pulled her in and kissed her. He is disgusting. "Pervert!" She yelled and pulled him out. She brought him to the grass, looks like we are kicked out.

We all ran and stopped after a little. All the boys got on their shirts and I put on my white dress. That was a bad idea considering I was wet and wearing a dark bathing suit. I didn't care and started walking away, "You're disgusting!" I yelled at squints. He just yelled at me and I walked home.

When I went into the house my mom was there, "Um..." she said. I rolled my eyes, "It's just my bathing suit mom." I said and went to the bathroom and showered. Why didn't Benny look at the girl when all the others did? He was looking at me that whole time. He probably just didn't know she was there. But that was impossible! It's whatever. I finished up showering and got into my pajamas. I ate dinner and didn't talk to Scotty. He looked confused but I didn't care.