Part 17

When I woke up the next morning I got out my diary. The thing is, I can't get Benny off my mind. I know that we are close, (well obviously) but I just can't get the guts to tell him how I feel. Maybe I will just make my hints...stronger? More revealed? I don't know, I thought. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. Shit, I forgot...my eye. I grabbed my hairbrush and brushed my hair slowly. When I got back to the room Benny was still sleeping. He looked tired so I decided that I would just leave him. I got dressed in jeans and a long-sleeved shirt. It was going to be a little cold today. 

When I walked out of the room his mom and dad were nowhere to be found. At first, I thought maybe they were out running some errands but when I sat down I saw a note. I picked it up and sat down, "We are taking a vacation from you guys. We left money, don't spend it on non-necessities. We will be gone for a week or two, depending on where the trip takes us. We love you guys, have fun!" Sure enough, when I walked to the kitchen there was a bunch of cash. I went to my room and tapped on Benny. He slowly opened his eyes, "Yeah?" he asked. "Read this," I said. He took the note from me and sat up and read it. He smiled, "You ready to have some fun?" he said. I laughed, "Yeah sure."

Benny got up and I left the room so he can get dressed. I was in the kitchen and poured some cereal for myself. I left the box out for Benny and sat down. He came out and poured himself a bowl and sat next to me. We were talking and eating for a while when Benny got up. "We better get going to the sandlot," he said. I nodded and put my bowl in the sink. I was about to start washing the dishes when Benny grabbed my hand, "Do that later." he said. "Fine," I said. 

We ran out of the house and to the sandlot. It was so cold out and you could see your breath. "Benny! We don't wanna play!" Ham said. Benny rolled his eyes, "Come on guys!" he said. "None of us are gonna play today. We are staying home. It's gonna rain anyway." Bertram said. Benny shrugged, "Whatever," he said. He walked off and I stayed with Ham, "Im gonna hang out with Ham today, Benny." I said. He just put a thumbs up and left. "Let's go," I told Ham. We ran back to his house and we went inside. We were hanging out in his room when he got all serious, "What?" I asked. "You like Benny, right?" he asked. "I guess," I said. "Hmmm," he said and that was it. We hung out until lunch when I decided to leave.

I went inside and Benny was nowhere to be found. Of course, when I looked through the back door he was there playing baseball. I opened the sliding door and sighed, "It's freezing out here." I said. "I know." He said. "Why the hell are you out here then?" I asked. "I gotta practice y/n." He said. I rolled my eyes and closed the door. I went to the kitchen and got some bread and deli meat out. I turned on the television and started to prepare our sandwiches. I finished the sandwiches and put them on the table. Then I grabbed two coke bottles and place them next to the plates. "It is gonna be a hit day tomorrow, 98 degrees. Be sure to dress light folks." The forecaster said. I walked to the back door and slightly opened it, "Lunch" I said and Benny nodded. He came inside and sat down, "Thanks," he said. I nodded and started to eat while watching the news. "It's gonna be hot out tomorrow," I said. "Alright," was all Benny said. We just ate in silence. I cleaned up the dishes and Benny just sat on the couch watching tv. I finished up then sat next to him. He wrapped a strand of my hair around fingers and started twirling it. I smile and he let's go. "You aren't being yourself," I say. "What?" he asks. "You are more...cheerful," I say. He rolls his eyes at me, "Shut up." he says and walks away. I laugh and continue watching the episode.

When I finally start to get bored I turn the tv off. I go into the kitchen to look at the clock and see that it says 4:00. I have been watching tv for a pretty long time. I go to the bathroom and shut the door behind me. I turn the water on and wait a few minutes. When I touch the water and it's warm I get into the shower. What was Ham going on about earlier? I wonder. Whatever. I kind of think Benny is liking me less. Am I sad? Yes. Am I gonna tell him how I feel? No. Well, at least not yet. I turn the water off and step out of the shower. I wrap the towel around myself and grab my clothes. I walk into my room and Benny is on his bed reading his baseball comics. I grab my clothes and get into the closet. "You really like those comics, huh?" I ask Benny. "I guess," he replied. I walk out in my nightgown and bring my towel into the bathroom. I brush my hair and walk into the room. I sit next to Benny and I tap him on his shoulder. "Yeah?" he said still looking at his comic. "You okay?" I ask him. He looked up from his comic, he just looked at me. I raise my eyebrow. "No!" he said and put his comic down. "I was just tired. I am feeling better now so let's do something fun," he says and smiles.

 He gets up and grabs my hand, "Let's go to the living room." he says. We go to the living room and turn on the tv. "Wanna sleep out here tonight?" he asks me. "Sure," I say and smile. He goes to the kitchen and comes out with an ice cream tub a few minutes later, "Ice cream?" he asks me as he sits next to me on the couch. "Yes please," I say and smile. He hands me a spoon and grabs some blankets, "Thank you," I say. We watch a movie and fall asleep.

Authors Note:
This chapter took me a few days but I think it turned out pretty well. I had a hard time coming up with ideas.