Snowy Days and Questions

She looked so beautiful. A knitted beanie on her head and a wool scarf covering her chin. The tip of her nose and cheeks were a rosy pink colour. Luke loved his best friend secretly. She didn't know that he loved her. He was very good at keeping it a secret.

Amber insisted on going for a walk in the snow. She claimed it was 'on her bucket list'. Of course, Luke let her go. He didn't want to miss out on going for a walk with her. Luke was terribly afraid that he was going to loose her someday. Amber was Luke's everything. That's why he never dared to tell her about his little crush on her. So he just enjoyed every minute he could spend with her. 

What Luke didn't know is that Amber loved Luke too, but she didn't realise it. She didn't know what real love was. She didn't know what that tingly feeling meant when they touched. She just shrugged it off, ignoring it.

"I'm cold" Luke whined after a while.

"I was waiting for you to say that," Amber laughed shouldering Luke. He pouted and they kept walking. Amber looked over at Luke to see him smirking.

"What are you thinking about?" Amber whispered.

"You." Luke said and quickly scooped Amber up bridle-style and ran down the street to Luke's house. Amber squealed and held tightly onto Luke's neck. Luke looked down at Amber who had her eyes squeezed shut in terror, causing her small nose to crinkle up. She was so so beautiful. At the thought of having the girl he loved in his arms made him nearly trip over, earning another squeal from Amber.

"If you are planning to stack it, put me down!" Amber laughed at Luke.

-=-=-=-

Luke lived alone, well not really, since Amber spent most of her time at Luke's place. They never get bored of each other. That's one of the things Luke loves about Amber, she has always got a story to tell.

It was currently 10pm. They were lying on Luke's bed, talking about anything that popped into their heads. Amber's head was resting on Luke's shoulder and his arm was wrapped around her waist. They were both looking up at the ceiling just talking. This is one of the things Amber loves about Luke. He is always up for a cuddle and they can talk about anything. Amber was wondering whether she loved Luke or not. She was confused. This time she decided not to shrug it off, but to think about it.

"Luke?"

"Yeah?"

"What is love?"

"Love, ha?"

"Yeah."

"What kind of love?"

"I don't even know, Luke. That's why I'm asking you."

At that moment Luke grabbed Amber's hand.

"Love is the feeling you get when you.. um.. when you know things are right. When everything seems so perfect at that moment and you just want to stop and live in that time forever. Love is when you see the person you love and you heart beings beating a million miles an hour. Love is when you hold that person in your arms and butterflies erupt in your stomach and you know everything is going to be okay. Love makes you invincible. Well, it's all depending how much you love them."

Amber grins. She knows what love is now. And she knows she loves Luke.

"Who do you love Luke?"

"Oh, she is so beautiful, but she doesn't even know. She is so oblivious."

Ambers heart sinks.

"Oh. Who is this girl?"

"Well kitten, I'm afraid I can't tell you." 

"Why not?"

"I just can't Amber."

"Okay." Amber whispered.

Luke sighed and twisted Amber's burgundy hair around his finger.

"Goodnight, Luke." Amber whispered, pulling the soft blanket up to her chin.

"Goodnight, kitten."

-=-=-

hi i hope you enjoyed my first fluff :) i'll probably add a second part to this tomorrow?? or maybe just a whole new fluff thing. depends.

btw i made the cover for the book c: comment or inbox me if you want a cover and you can tell me what you want on it. okay bye.