Late Night Coffee and Video Games

OH MY LORD JESUS! BONNIE FINALLY DECIDES TO UPDATE! IM SO SORRY IM THE WORLDS WORST PROCRASTINATOR!!1! AND I BASICALLY FORGOt I HAD A BOOK LMAO! SO SUPER LONG CHAPTER YAY! OH YES THIS IS A MICHAEL ONE SO YAH eNJoYYY

-

Victoria and Michael had been best friends since grade 8. They became friends over a assignment. They just clicked straight away. They had perfect chemistry and they understood each other in a way that no one else could. In Grade 12 they moved in together, a small 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom and small conjoining  kitchen, lounge-room.

They had just graduated and now were choosing to take a gap-year as they both were clueless on what to do next. Michael had a part time job in the mail-room for a publishing company. Victoria worked in a kiosk at a sports centre. If they weren't working they would be at home doing whatever they pleased.

Michael loved mostly everything about his life except his job, it was quite boring and stressful. Sorting out mail quickly then dragging it upstairs and running around giving it to people. At least he got a workout from it. Michael's boss was strict. Very strict. He had fired countless people and Michael was almost constantly on the edge of being fired. He was sick of his work, sick of his boss and just sick of the company all together. Michael just decided one day he'd quit, not thinking about the consequences, he just  quit. He just left and never came back, well Michael was quite a shy person and didn't want to go and tell the boss he wanted to quit.

Michael jumped in his car, he felt proud of himself. Like all this weight had been lifted off his shoulders. Michael parked outside the sport centre and pressed the horn twice, Victoria came racing out with her backpack bouncing against her back. She opened the car door panting, 'Maybe you could park a little closer next time, Mikey.' She slammed the door shut and through her bag violently to the back seat. Michael just laughed and pulled out of the parking lot.

As they walked into there apartment Victoria finally stopped rambling on about how her co-worker is a bitch and about how a child through a tantrum about them not having the juice he wanted.

"Well, guess what happened today Vicky." Michael said, leaning over the kitchen bench.

"What happened? Oh, don't tell me you through the mail at another guys face because-"

"No, no, no." Michael took a deep breath, "I quit my job."

Victoria turned around staring at Michael blankly.

"Are you fully serious?'

"Um... yeah?"

"Are you actually fucking serious." She said beginning to feel angry.

Michael just looked down and shrugged. This hadn't really happened before. Well of course she had been angry before but not at Michael.

"Wow, Michael. Wow." Victoria said clearly disappointed. "Why didn't you tell me first! Or maybe atleast find a different job then quit!"

"I don't know what I was thinking Vick! I was just so sick of the bullshit there! All I could think about is leaving that hell-hole!" Michael yelled. Michael hadn't yelled at Victoria before. She felt frightened. Michael was quite scary when he yelled. Victoria's eyes began to tear up.

"How are we going to pay rent? Huh? Get food? Pay bills?!" She yelled back.

"I'll find a new job! I'll get some money from the bank, I don't know!" Michael saw that Victoria was crying. He lowered his voice to almost a whisper. "Oh Vicky, I'm so so sorry. Oh my god." Michael walked towards her.

"No, no." She said pushing Michael away. "You know what? Just leave me alone? Okay? Fucking hell." Victoria walked to the bedroom and locked the door behind her. She started to cry. She had no idea what to do. She hadn't been in a situation like this before and never thought she would. Michael had never yelled at her before either, that obviously shocked her. She stood up and went to the joined bathroom and looked into the mirror. She looked like she went to sleep with make-up on and woke up 3 years later. Victoria ran her hands through her navy blue hair. She had dyed it when Michael dyed his hair. It was a thing they did. Whenever Michael dyed his hair, Victoria dyed hers the same colour. She sighed wiping her eyes. 'What the hell are we going to do now?' she thought.

Michael felt terrible. What the hell was he thinking? Quitting his job without telling his best friend? He hadn't even told his boss yet! And no fucking way he was going back there pretending he didn't quit in the first place. He sunk down onto the old couch, holding his head in his hands. Millions of thoughts running through is head at once. How are they going to pay rent? When will Victoria forgive him? What if he has to move back in with his parents. Oh no. He certainly didn't want that.

--

It was now 2 am. Neither of the two could sleep. Michael sat out in the lounge-room playing xbox, trying to forget what previously happened. While Victoria sat up in her bed thinking and listening to the sounds of the TV. She knew Michael was still awake, she could hear his cussing whenever he lost. Victoria knew she wouldn't get any sleep that night, so got up and crept out of the bedroom. Michael heard the door click and flicked his head around to see Victoria making a coffee in the kitchen. Victoria didn't look back at Michael. To be honest, she didn't want to even look at him right now.

She sat down at the island bench facing away from Michael, sipping her coffee slowly. Michael got up from his comfortable seat and took a seat next to Victoria.

"Hey Vicky." Michael whispered. Victoria jumped, she didn't notice Michael had come and sat down next to her, she was too lost in her own thoughts.

"Jesus, Michael." She breathed out. Michael just gave her a sad smile and looked at her, he could only just see her from the dull light of the TV screen. They sat there in silence for a while.

"So do you wanna...um... play some CoD?" Michael asked, suddenly nervous.

"What? Uh. Yeah, yeah." Victoria replied setting her coffee cup down and followed Michael to the couch. Michael lay down and patted the spot next to them. They only had one couch so it was either Victoria sat on the couch or on the floor so lay down next to Michael and grabbed a controller for herself.

-

They played until dim light peaked through the curtains. Victoria put her controller down on the floor and rested her head on Michael's shoulder so she was facing him. Michael put his controller down and his head on hers.

"I'm so sorry Vicky."

"It's fine, Michael. We'll figure it out. Yeah?"

"No Vicky. I'm sorry. Like really sorry."

Victoria looked up at Michael, confused.

"I know, Michael, I know." 

Michael rested his lips against her forehead. "I'm sorry." He mumbled and began to cry. Victoria pushed herself up and held Michael face in her hands. 

"Michael, babe. It's okay. It's fine. We'll figure it out. Okay? I know we will." She whispered.

"Okay, okay." Michael said calming down. Looking straight into Victoria's eyes. Victoria looked down and her hands fell around his neck. Michael lifted her chin up with his finger and leaned in slightly. Their hearts began to beat faster. They had never done this before, never even thought about it. Victoria leaned in sealing the gap. Their lips lingered there for a while, savouring the feeling. Michael held her face in his hands and laughed lightly, so did Victoria. She blushed and shuffled closer to Michael.

"My god, Victoria." She looked at him questioningly. "Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" Michael said, smirking. Victoria blushed even more and pushed Michael playfully.

"How cliché, Clifford," She giggled and kissed him again.

-

dONE! SUPER LONG IM SO PROUD! BTW IM REALLY SICK RN SO IF ThIS IS WEIRD IM PROBABLY REALLY HIGH ON COUGH SYRUP OR SOMETHING LOL

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND THANK YOU FOR READING AND SHIT! 200 READS! THANK YOUUUU! PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE :) IF YOU LIKED IT 

-bonnie xx