dumpster girl

inspired by: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4enpnYzBEg

With a final breath in their form they quickly re ran over the plan for another time.
all the possibilities and the things the spirits had warned them of came to them.
send a form of themselves from above to below just like they had sent pieces down through the orb.
go in find it and use above to destroy it and let one less weight hold them back.
Von slowly began to detach from the physical form that most saw as themselves and began to shift into a new state. Into a pure energy body of above.
making their way to below bringing just enough from above that it would let them be able to do it but not so much that it would hurt them in the future. They found themselves where distant memories had shown.
this is where they sent every piece of above and it had grown into a surprisingly human form.
they found the part of their soul sitting crouched in a corner as if it awaited them. It felt like them but it felt different. The energy that came off of the form reflected that of their own and Von could see the memories cross through their mind.
but this wasn't Von. All that kept it from being a one is that the connection to above still remained.

But still it seemed so much like them. Just as fragile and full of future. Von wanted to pick them up and carry them above but the form they sent could not hold such a heavy weight that didn't even look like it could survive the journey.
This had always been a part of them. It was like their connection to others.
it was a connection to all those who didn't know better. It was a version of them that didn't know better. One that they had carried with them their whole life as it grew up beside them trapped in a small cave that they could never climb.
with no better way to do it in mind Von simply walked up to them and they turned around.
it was like nothing they'd felt in their time.
this was them but it seemed even more innocent and untouched by the world. They seemed to have even more of things Von could never have like a trust in those around them to do the best for them.
was it right to take that away?

sharing a look of knowing that they balanced out each other though they weighed each other down the creature made no attempt to stop Von. They must have been able to feel what Von felt. They must know.
"you delicate thing" Von said.
the black muck that built up their frame seemed to show everything Von had bottled up and kept away. Would they have to take the weight of that themselves?
this was murder but there was only choice to either join with the form giving the ones more power or kill it. Waiting would simply mean they lost control of the form of above they had sent which would help the ones as well.

Von gently reached out a hand and the creature reached out a small soft hand that held no hate. Despite the warnings the spirits had given Von pulled them into a hug. It was only fair that they thanked them for holding everything all these years.
"we don't have to follow anymore I can go on my own now because you did your best" Von said and the creature seemed to respond wordlessly through a shared feeling.
they sat down and Von could feel their physical heart beat and hands begin to shake. The creature noticed and looked up at Von with a childlike confusion. "I'm sorry I couldn't find a way"
they began to send energy toward them. Below couldn't take energy from above like this and their arms began to break apart and become vines that rotted and liquified running down to the orb where it would continue to fall.
the creatures eyes shared a last look with Von and then began to sink back into their skull which dissolved into an almost liquid form.
it felt wrong that such a delicate creature would be harmed. It didn't even seem an equal sacrifice to send away the energy of above for that could be brought back but the form that lay in front of them was sinking into its final space and for that part of Von it was the end and no one would ever know them in that way again.
slowly the energy that built their form began to sink away too. Hands still holding though they could barely be called more then a cord intertwined began to melt into each other and the rest of the things that used to hold two beings up to be one with the world. Had sunk away.

Von's consciousness came back to their physical body and they let the thin cord that attached below to above intertwine around them.
it couldn't do much and the ones would discover before Von ever found a way to build it back up and they didn't think they had the strength to build up another form from above.
oddly unchanged was the way they stood. It was as if nothing happened at all. It became evident that something had changed but no one would see it. Maybe it would come clear to others in time but no one could see it now.
that Von was just Von. Alone. But no longer weighed down they carried on with their day.
they carried on with the simple tasks that made up everyone else's lives. Von would have to build up more from above to ever be able to leave after what they did. The energy they sent had become diluted and almost useless. The weight that had been lifted from them made it worth the weight that had fallen on them to rebuild.

"you delicate thing" Von said reminiscing on what had happened.
the hand was real and they knew that the creature could fully feel and if only veal could reveal a way to bring that part of them out of below. Maybe they could have saved them maybe they could have joined Von and made each other stronger.
but they were dead. Gone and what had been done was irreversible.

this is part of a true story that happened. but this is the only form I will share it in. to anyone