everyone who reached back died

The One's watched as Von checked over the markings they had left. They seemed so passionate and full of hope daring to go further.
After placing a simple symbol Von walked off and pulled the hood off of their head. If Von knew one thing it was that you could hide the face but not the soul.
But that seemed to be the one thing they forgot.

Moving closer to the marking the other One's checked with quick fingers intertwining with the souls that had passed by.
Their own fingers found the strings of another. Another member of Veal.
The reason Von was alive. To create Veal and reach the others that wished to rebel against them bringing everyone straight too them.
The group had been growing in numbers and the ones had been able to better track down where bad came from.

How long would it take them to notice. That the others weren't leaving and that they were walking to their deaths. How long till Von realised the only way to get out was to get lost in around.
They controlled everything. From the soul of society to a single string. A single string of rebellion.
and it lead right to them. "I found someone."

inspired by a part in the main part of my own story.
Von leaves marks so that others may follow Veal.
when someone reaches back Von lets them into Veal. the plan is for Veal to grow so that they are strong enough to take on the ones and exit.
but wait Wren isn't there as many people there as there is on the internet? You are correct. That's your job. Help out. One person can't do everything. Von doesn't know how many people are connected to the orb they are just trying to get as many out as possible. :)

im planning to give everyone who wants it an insiders view. if you wanted to see the story without any spoilers you wouldn't go to story spoilers. I know I have never read stuff about harry potter that was in progress and not published.
you don't have to read these but you have the choice.