new normal

Its time.

the cold air opened to Von and they felt themselves lifted through the air. Seeing no one's across the grassland they continued to go upward.
the past of their actions carried them through the air. running through forests, waiting for machines to pass and hearing the voice of someone long lost.
it seemed like so few of these memories they were connected to came from their own life and they wondered if those outside of this life could see differently.

physically being at this height was no difference but Von wasn't sure their body left the ground. opening their eyes to see the psychical world they saw in a split view from above and below on the plane of around.
they heard the future of their actions and the pain it would cause, they saw the bodies left on the ground as they walked by with the remaining survivors, they felt a feeling of loss with a sense of victory.

the thoughts of those who neither won or died floated away into the past. but they were falling below while Von stayed in place. All Von saw was those who were leaving with their mouths screaming sewn shut but couldn't yet see those who stood behind them.

they could hear their bones break and the skin crawl over their new selves. A longing to turn and help sew the others up correctly was stopped by knowing they'd only fall into them. They could only help themselves and hope others would be able to follow.
The new forms were brighter and like the first time they had felt brighter but at the same time they felt the loss of below they had caused.
They felt the life they had lead. They felt it coming closer. A new world a new place a new life a loss of life a loss of below.
the broken pieces being consumed by their moulding form to create something new. Something they could hear those around them failing to do and falling apart to follow with.

A body that had stopped forming hit Von as it passed to follow the others falling away. The lights of their eyes showed they had fallen to their past. They wished them well in their new journey as Von rebuilt what was broken from another's path.

They knew it was almost over. They heard the screams turn into knowing tunes. They heard everyone begin to reach it. The stage they were meant to rest at.
The beginning of their lives.

And they came to ground. And looked around. Some had gone back through time to fix the future and others had stayed in places unknown to the universe.
everyone standing here was changed. Or dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4lNq4nhdDQ
(warning may be triggering to mental state?)