Gemini Bond (1)

Two little girls were hiding in a closet as they waited for their mommy to get to them. The four year old twins were holding each other's hands tightly. The blonde twin looked at her brunette sister with uncertainty.

"Josie, I'm scared," She whispered.

Josie looked at her sister. "Me too Lizzie, but daddy said we have to wait for mommy," She said, nervously swallowing.

Both girls looked at the closet door, hearing the creaking of wooden floorboards as they were stepped on.

They listened, holding their breaths as the sound of someone's footsteps could be heard in the bedroom.

Lizzie stared fearfully at the door when she felt a strange tug that made her gasp. And beside her, Josie breathed in sharply, feeling the strange tug as well.

They looked at each other.  What was that?

It happened again, and their eyes widened.

It felt like a bond - similar to the bond the twins shared.  Except different in a way.

Lizzie closed her eyes, focusing intensely as she tried to search her mind for whatever the tug was connected to. But she couldn't find it.

However when the tug happened again, the four year old gripped onto it, which caused her side of the bond to open. There was a jolt in her mind as whoever the bond was connected to was made aware of its existence.

The footsteps that had been heading towards the door abruptly stopped.

Lizzie's eyes shot open. "Uh oh," She said under her breath.

Josie was looking at Lizzie worried as she felt both things happen.

They both stared at the door, waiting to hear the footsteps start up again but they didn't.

Both girls went tense as they felt something through the bond again. However this time, it felt more like a prodding feeling.

After a few moments of prodding, the person on the other side opened the bond fully, allowing feelings to pass through. Although neither twin was able to understand all the feelings they were receiving.

Although one feeling was very clear, shock as the person recognized who the bond connected to.

The bond went silent. And the twins stared at each other, confused.

Then a searching feeling ran through the bond, as the person used it to get their location.

The footsteps started up again, but in their direction.

Both girls were frozen and neither knew what to do. Somehow they both knew whoever was walking towards the closet was whoever the bond was attached to.

The footsteps stopped in front of the closet door and the twins watched with bated breath as the doorknob turned slowly.

When the door was pulled open, the twins were met with the sight of the man that had been searching for them. He stared down at them with an unreadable look.

Neither the man nor the children said anything as they watched each other. Lizzie kept her eyes locked on him and she knew Josie was doing the same.

The man moved forward and both girls tensed, noticing the ax in his right hand. He stopped and looked down at the ax.

He considered it silently, before moving back and resting it against the wall. He looked back at the twins and walked forward until he was towering over them. The girls craned their necks as they looked up at him.

He kneeled down, cocking his head to the side as he looked them over. When he locked eyes with the blonde twin, he paused.

There was strangely still silence as he observed them. Lizzie pondered slightly what was going to happen now. They were still supposed to be waiting for their mom.

"Hello there," The man greeted softly. He was no longer giving off dangerous energy, but that didn't mean anything.

The twins exchanged a look, before replying in unison, "Hi."

The man raised an eyebrow in amusement at the twin speak.

"Do you know who I am?" He questioned, cocking his head to the side.

The two girls shook their heads no. She'd never seen him before in her life.

"Well, I'm your uncle, do you know what that means?" He asked, despite already knowing the answer.

When they shook their heads again, he gave them a contemplative look.

"You know how you two are sisters," He said, pointedly.

The twins nodded. That was obvious.

"Well, your bio mom was my sister, which makes me your uncle," He said as a way of explanation.

Lizzie cocked her head, "Bio mom?" She said, confused.

He paused as he tried to figure out how to explain that. "Did you guys know you have two mommies?" He asked, quietly.

Josie's eyes widened. "Really?" She asked, curious.

Lizzie was staring at him in shock. How could someone have two mommies?

"Uh-huh. The mommy you have now is one of your moms, but you had another mom, and I was her twin."

"Twin? Like us?" Lizzie asked, frowning.

"Yep and that means we're family," He said, looking between them.

The twins look at each other wide-eyed. And Josie looked back at him curiously. "Then what do we call you?"

"Well, you can call me Uncle Kai," The newly dubbed Uncle Kai said. "Now, I know your names are Lizzie and Josie,  but I don't know which is which."

"My name is Lizzie, she's Josie," Lizzie said, introducing the two.

Uncle Kai had a smirk on his face as he decided what he should do.

He held out his hands. "How would you two like to go on an adventure?" He asked, his eyes sparkling.

The girls looked at each other, before taking the offered hands. Uncle Kai walked out of the boarding house with the twins. When he reached the car out in the front, he opened it with magic.

He picked up Lizzie first and buckled her into a car seat. Then he did the same with Josie. He went to the driver's seat and got in. He then used magic to hotwire the car and pulled out of the boarding house.

Lizzie was watching him curiously from the back. "Where are we going?"

Kai Parker smirked. "You'll see - it's a surprise."

Closing created by lordapxllo and 1-800-POSEIDXN