The Order (7)

A man with dark hair, wearing a trench coat of sorts was sitting at a desk, looking over some paperwork, when another man entered the room.

The man was dressed professionally as if he had just come from a meeting.

"What is it, my love?" The man at the desk asked. "How did the meeting with the Pluto Coven go?"

"Miguel, one of the seers has seen something you need to hear about," The man that had just entered the room said.

Miguel frowned. "How important is it, Nate? I have a lot of paperwork to get through," He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"It's about the Gemini Coven," Nate said simply, but the hatred was clear in his voice.

Miguel froze and a look of concern but also anger appeared on his face.

"The Gemini Coven is extinct - why would one of our seers have a vision about them?" He asked, tensely. He was now giving Nate his full attention.

"I don't know, but she wouldn't speak unless the coven leader was in the room, which seeing as that is you, I came to retrieve you," Nate said, calmly.

Miguel stood up and walked past him, motioning for Nate to follow him. The two left his office and went to where the seers typically were.

A woman with dyed pink hair looked up as they approached.

"Sir," She said, greeting him respectfully. "I'm glad you're here."

"Miranda, what is it that you saw?" Miguel said, getting straight to business.

"The Gemini's are not as gone as we once thought," Miranda stated, staring at Miguel hesitantly.

"Their coven leader died, taking them all down with them. I don't see how they can still exist." Nate spoke up, looking confused. Miguel couldn't blame him, it didn't make any sense to him as well.

Miranda glanced at the second in command and husband of the coven leader with a worried look.

"You are aware of how that coven produced a new type of witch due to their cannibalistic rituals, yes?" Miranda asked, with a peculiar look on her face.

"The abominations," Miguel nodded, and the disgust was written clearly on his face. "The witches without their own magic."

"And you remember how the eldest son of Joshua Parker, who was a leech, became coven leader," Miranda asked, hesitating to get to the part where he was still alive. Especially since her coven leader had a volatile temper at times.

"Yes, I never had the honor of meeting him, but I'm sure it would have gone swimmingly," Miguel said, sarcastically. "Seeing as the boy previously killed his siblings, then killed himself again to kill his entire coven. Although I suppose I should be grateful, seeing as with the Gemini's out of the way, our coven can rise to the top."

"Yeah, that's the thing, he's alive but also not?" Miranda said, looking confused with herself.

"What?" Nate asked in disbelief.

"When a witch of that type dies with vampire blood in their system, they do not lose their ability to do magic. Therefore, they become things called heretics, which are vampire-witch hybrids," Miranda said with a look of disgust.

"The boy is one of them?" Miguel asked as his mind began scheming.

While the boy may be a vampire, his witch side qualifies him a seat among The Order.

The Order being an alliance between multiple covens allowing them to work peacefully without conflict, and whoever was the strongest coven leads. It used to be the Gemini's but they fell, and their coven took control.