Shopping (3)

When Kai woke up, he could see sunlight streaming through the blinds. He looked down at the twins and tried not to laugh when he saw how they were sleeping.

Lizzie was laying completely on top of him, with her head on his chest. And Josie was laying horizontal on the bed with her head resting next to her sister's on his chest.

Part of him wondered if he was going to be able to get up without waking them as well. But he knew he couldn't.

Guess he would have to wake them up.

Kai shifted and gently nudged both of the twins. Lizzie was the first to wake up as she opened her eyes to look blurrily at him.

"It's time to get up," He whispered.

Lizzie reached up and rubbed her eyes before sitting up and moving off of him. She let out a yawn and looked at her twin, who was refusing to wake.

"Jo!" Lizzie reached over and whacked Josie's head.

Josie startled awake and frowned at her twin feeling annoyed.

Kai sent Lizzie a look. "Lizzie. No hitting your sister," He said, ignoring the part of him that felt like a hypocrite.

"Sorry, Uncle Kai," Lizzie replied, not looking sorry at all.

Josie narrowed her eyes at her twin. "You're a bad sister," She said, glaring.

"Am not," Lizzie responded, looking offended.

"Are too."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am no-"

"-Girls!" Kai interrupted, rubbing a hand down his face. "It's too early in the morning for you two to be fighting."

The twins exchanged a look

"Sorry, Uncle Kai," They said in unison.

Kai shook his head and got out of bed. He quickly threw on his clothes before helping the twins put on their shoes. He tried to 'brush' the twins' hair with his fingers, so it wasn't as tangled. He needed to buy a brush and new clothes for all of them. But first, breakfast.

"Alright, food first, then clothes," Kai said.

Both of the girls grinned.

Kai held out his hands and the twins took them. First, Kai helped the twins go to the bathroom so they wouldn't have to later on. Thankfully they were at the age where they were potty trained. 

Then, they left the hotel room and went to the breakfast buffet that the hotel had every morning. When they entered, Kai set the twins up at a table in the corner of the room by the exit in case they needed a quick exit.

"What do you guys want to drink?" Kai asked.

"Apple juice," Lizzie said, excitedly

Josie frowned thoughtfully in consideration, "App-no, orange juice," She decided on.

Kai nodded. "What do you two want for breakfast?" He asked.

"I want baconnn and waffles with lots of syrup," Lizzie said, grinning.

Kai raised his eyebrows, amused. Before turning to Josie.

"You want the same?"

Josie thought about it for a moment, then shook her head no.

"Can I have frosted flakes and sausages?" Josie asked. Interesting combination but who was he to judge?

Kai nodded. "Sure, kiddo. Stay here and no talking to strangers," He said, before moving away.