Chapter 7 (p.2) - Sausage Party (R)

(づ ̄ ³) : I'll just leave this right here...

October 23, 2016
————————

~Dusk Acosta~

"Are you crazy?!" I exclaimed as he handed me the keys.

"This is insane. There is no way you had known about this!" I gaped at the newly restored teal truck.

The truck sent me back to the night of my last high school party, only this truck was shiny with chrome tires and a glossy teal exterior. The bed had wooden panels, on the tail door the word Chevrolet was painted in white bold letters. Light gray leather seats and clean dark grey rubber flooring with chrome interiors such as a large chrome steering wheel.

Smiling widely I squealed as I jumped on him, hugging him tightly, "This is perfect!"

"Grace may have mentioned that you went on a rant the morning after the night we met about a similar truck." He chuckled, "She said something about your voice sounding like millions of speakers in her head."

I grinned, perfectly remembering the day that Grace had the hangover of a century. It made me happier to see that even though she despised Shawn, she went out of her way and talked to him. Though my smile faltered when I remembered the fight we had yesterday, it was painful not being able to go to Grace and have our so-called 'girl talk time'.

She wouldn't get to know that Shawn had permanently gotten a tattoo of my favorite flower nor would she know that my journey to losing my virginity was close to an end.

But like a snap of a finger, those thoughts went away when Shawn held my hand and led me to the truck he had given me as the second part of my birthday gift. Question was, how did he have the money to buy it and restore it? Because no doubt it cost more than my book collection, now that I think about it we never had a discussion of what we did or did not have.

It wasn't something we cared for, my mom actually had a stable job and

"Where are we going?" I asked as he opened the passenger door for me like he did every chance he got.

He shrugged, "Just a little place where I go to think," he spoke vaguely.

If it wasn't for him handing me a red satin ribbon I would have let it go, "And this place requires you to blindfold me?"

"Yes. It's nearly a two-hour drive so, why don't you just hold on to it till it's time to put it on."

He closed the door, hurrying up and almost tripping as he ran to the driver's door. With a deep breath, he climbed up and immediately injected the keys, soon pulling out the lot of my house.

"This place must be oh so very special." I playfully commented.

I pretended I didn't notice his small smirk, quickly being covered down by his hand.

Instead, I saw it as a chance to take a sudden photo him, unaware that he was being photographed I quickly called his name. It turned out to be the best photo I had taken of him yet, his eyes were so alert when I called. I laughed as I told him, "You look as if there were danger."

Instead of being annoyed since he hated taking pictures, he just chuckled and deviously said, "It amazes me that I can never tell your next move."

After an hour and a half, I was told to put on the blindfold. I didn't know where exactly we were at but I knew that after twenty minutes we had turned into a bumpy road. The truck was shaking, immensely, and I asked Shawn if it would ruin the truck he said no it wouldn't. The open windows allowed me to hear the gravel under the truck tires.