Hi again

Ain't it fun how the world works?

I felt the need to pop in and uh... I don't know I guess update y'all on how life has been. I haven't really been on Wattpad actively for like... almost a year? Possibly? I'm not really sure anymore. But since I have nothing better to do other than scream into the void and procrastinate on actual work I need to be doing, I've never had a better time.  Also, sorry if I am repeating stuff I've previously said in this book, it's about to become a real forgetful rambling mess.

I started looking into colleges this year. I took a bunch of SATs and PSATs and I even got into a college already and enrolled to take summer classes again which is absolutely wild. I want to be a communications major (even though everyone around me would love for me to be a computer science major, including my computer science teacher), and I have a couple schools in mind, but the process is really overwhelming.

I also have gone to Ireland twice. Again, I may have already said this in this book, but I'm a competitive Irish dancer, and am currently part of the only active American school in our organization. I went to Ireland in 2018 and 2019, and this past year placed second in championships. Definitely a highlight of the year for me. I want to continue it in college, so trying to find a dance team that competes in the Collegiate (the big organization) definitely makes my box a lot smaller.

Not college related entirely, but part of me is aware that I want to do communications and digital media mostly because I've grown up running a YouTube channel for myself and watched video essayists and critics and speed paints for a lot of my life. I like doing my art (maybe I'll post some of it in another part), and I love writing and editing videos. I have so much to say, but it's so much more natural for me to write a pseudo-narrative about the things I love (like Panic! At The Disco, for example) and writing for YouTube allows for me to have a more casual style, which is always something I liked about some of the earlier stuff I wrote. My channel has always been linked in my bio, but since I tend to gravitate towards that now more than anything, I thought maybe I should point it out. Maybe now that I'm practicing social distancing I can finally get around to editing together visuals for those essays, and you all can see how my writing has changed. Hopefully it's an improvement??

Speaking of social distancing, PRACTICE IT! My mom isn't at her office trying to help the doctors and government officials do damage control for you all not to comply and flatten the damn curve! Wash your hands, stay home, and do what I do and do what you love while you have the free time. And, since this isn't really something I've been good at so far, learn from me and please for the love of god stay on top of your schoolwork. This is how we survive what is seemingly the end of the world.

I'm posting something to a day at the beach probably later today. I kinda want to try and just get in here and write up all the ideas I've had floating through my head. So, if anyone reads this, I hope to see you all around.

~Kate

BONUS: picture of me from Ireland