Prologue: The Good Life

Jungkook POV:

    I groan while rolling over in my bed. My eyes flutter open, and I set my sights on my beautiful girlfriend, who is sleeping so peacefully next to me. Today is Friday, August the 14th. The day of our two-year anniversary, and she's in for a big surprise later on today. We've known each other since we were kids. Back then, I knew she had a crush on me, but at that time, I only saw her as my best friend's little sister.

That all changed when she went abroad for her last two years of high school. When she came back, she looked like a different person. She started attending the same college Taehyung, and I went to. There, she was deemed the hottest girl in school. Every guy wanted her. That meant I had to have her for myself. Taehyung and I almost lost our friendship because of it. I had to promise him that I'd treat her like a princess, and I still do.

She's a famous model now, which makes her even more desirable. She's the perfect candidate for a trophy wife. That's why I'm going to ask her to be mine tonight at what she thinks is an anniversary dinner. She's in love with me, so I know she'll say yes. I have the whole thing planned out. There will be no doubt in her mind that I'm the one she'll want to spend the rest of her life with.

My thoughts about tonight were interrupted when she groaned. Her hazel eyes looked up at me after she opened them. She blushed when she saw me staring at her. I leaned over and kissed her plump lips, and she giggled.

"Good morning, baby. How did you sleep?" My raspy voice took over.

"Good morning Kookie. I slept well. How about you?" She smiled.

"Well, I had this amazing dream about the most beautiful girl." I smiled back, teasingly.

"Oh, really? Tell me about it." She smirked.

"She had long brown hair and pretty hazel eyes. Her lips were the sweetest of all." I said as my big hand pushes her hair out of her face and behind her ear.

"Yeah? Sweeter than mine?" She cocked her brow with a subtle grin.

"Totally." I chuckled as she punched his bare chest playfully. "I'm kidding, baby. I only dream of you."

"You better, Jeon." She jokingly threatened while pointing her long finger at me. I looked over at the clock and saw that it was time for our day to begin.

"Let's get up now. The car should be here any minute to pick you up." I leaned up.

"You're not dropping me off?" She frowned.

"No. Unfortunately, I have a very important meeting with my agent about an upcoming job, so I'm going to take my car while you're taking the one I ordered for you."

"I can drive myself, y'know." She said as a matter of fact.

"My princess is not driving herself anywhere. Now get up before we're late. Later on, we'll meet back up for our anniversary dinner. I can't believe it's been two years already."

"Neither can I. I love you so much, Jungkook." She took my hands.

"I know, baby. I love you too." I leaned in for another kiss. "How about we continue this in the shower?" I pulled her up gently.

"I thought you didn't want to be late."

"Who cares if I'm a little late? It wouldn't be the first time." My love giggled as I lifted her, wrapping her legs around my waist, and carried her to our walk-in shower.

——

After our little shower session, Chungha and I went our separate ways. I just finished a meeting with my agent. Turns out Park Jinyoung, a well-known director, wants me to be the male lead in his new upcoming movie. I've never worked with him before, so this should be interesting. I was waiting in my agent's office while he got the paperwork in order when his assistant walked in with coffee.